Skyrim TVDT - Occlusion Culling Data

sheson

Ok, thanks for the answer. I checked the nif and it works without problems. I skipped markarth and all the other wordspaces worked without problems.

If you like, upload it anyways for me to test. It probably has data in it that I didn't anticipate.

Markarth is not a child world using a parent world for LOD. The Markarth worldspace is a cut down version with basicaly no object references outside the city. There won't be much LOD to occlude. You might just skip over it.

Check the object LOD mesh for that quad loads in NifSkope without problem (it should be fine, I would expect a proper error message if it had issues)

meshes\terrain\markarthworld\objects\markarthworld.4.-44.-3.bto

Object LOD included with the mod was generated with a really old version of LODGen.

As the instructions to generate occlusion suggest, generate object LOD before calculating occlusion.

Regenerating the LOD worked, as no errors were reported after running the occlusion option.

1. Finalize load order

use xLODGen to generate terrain LOD meshes [and textures]

use DynDOLOD to generate drastically improved object and tree LOD (uses terrain LOD meshes for object LOD optimization)

use xLODGen to create Occlusion.esp (uses object LOD meshes to determine max height samples)

When should I run TexGen in this process? before or after xLodGen for the first time? or does it matter?

1. Finalize load order
  2. use xLODGen to generate terrain LOD meshes [and textures]
  3. use DynDOLOD to generate drastically improved object and tree LOD (uses terrain LOD meshes for object LOD optimization)
  4. use xLODGen to create Occlusion.esp (uses object LOD meshes to determine max height samples)

When should I run TexGen in this process? before or after xLodGen for the first time? or does it matter?

TexGen updates a select list of object LOD textures. It should be run before generating object LOD.

Thx! Is it ok to run Occlusion on Bruma? I did not generate terrain or objects for Bruma, only trees, wasnt sure about Occlusion though.

Occlusion can be generated for every worldspace that is in the list. I suggest to read the included Skyrim-Occlusion-Readme.txt.

Gothcha, so judging by the read me it's likely only beneficial to generate occlusion for tamirel, solstheim, bruma and wyrmstooth out of what I have... smaller worldspaces it sounds pointless... though is there an impact on performance at all doing so?

Edited by Soulmancer

Gothcha, so judging by the read me it's likely only beneficial to generate occlusion for tamirel, solstheim, bruma and wyrmstooth out of what I have... smaller worldspaces it sounds pointless... though is there an impact on performance at all doing so?

Calculating occlusion impacts performance positively if it can at least hide one LOD quad.

So here's a dumb question.  Should I remove the culling fix mod before generating?  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6314

It is pointless to have in the load order. The last plugin to overwrite the CELL record wins.

As I explained in the past, it is a bad idea to remove all TVDT data from all of Tamriel. No need to have worse performance in the non affected cells for no reason.