Skyrim TVDT - Occlusion Culling Data

sheson

I am running into endless loading screens with the occlusion.esp enabled when traveling to some places in the tamriel worldspace. Disabling the esp fixes it. Here is the log: http://www.mediafire.com/file/7gsibnfmey8uj0m/SSELODGen_log.txt/file

1) Make a backup.

3) With xEdit remove worldspace from Occlusion.esp at a time.

4) If the problem still happens go to 1)

5) If the problem went away, restore backup and goto 3) removing a different worldspace

In the end you hopefully have only one worldspace left. Which one? Which mod adds it?

1) Make a backup.

3) With xEdit remove worldspace from Occlusion.esp at a time.

4) If the problem still happens go to 1)

5) If the problem went away, restore backup and goto 3) removing a different worldspace

In the end you hopefully have only one worldspace left. Which one? Which mod adds it?

The problem seems to be caused by the dlc2solstheimworld worldspace. Without it, i dont get the described problem. Creating the occlusion.esp for dlc2solstheimworld only causes this problem also.

The problem seems to be caused by the dlc2solstheimworld worldspace. Without it, i dont get the described problem. Creating the occlusion.esp for dlc2solstheimworld only causes this problem also.

Generate occlusion for that worldspace only without DynDOLOD in the load order.

If it still happens then, generate Occlusion for that worldspace only without Bashed Patch.

If it still happens then, upload Occlusion, assuming it only has plugins which are no patches generated by tools as masters. Otherwise continue to remove patches one by one, so that it only has master I can download from Nexus.

Edited by sheson

Generate occlusion for that worldspace only without DynDOLOD in the load order.

If it still happens then, generate Occlusion for that worldspace only without Bashed Patch.

If it still happens then, upload Occlusion, assuming it only has plugins which are no patches generated by tools as masters. Otherwise continue to remove patches one by one, so that it only has master I can download from Nexus.

Generating the occlusion.esp without DynDOLOD in the load order solved the problem.

Generating the occlusion.esp without DynDOLOD in the load order solved the problem.

I would be interested what happens when you let DynDOLOD generate the TVDT data instead. You could do a test from scratch just with that worldspace.

It's a bit odd how updated cell records in Solstheim are supposed to affect fast travel in Tamriel.

You have Engine Fixes installed that by default warns about too many ref handles? Not that updated cell records in Occlusion.esp should have any effect on that in particular.

I would be interested what happens when you let DynDOLOD generate the TVDT data instead. You could do a test from scratch just with that worldspace.

It's a bit odd how updated cell records in Solstheim are supposed to affect fast travel in Tamriel.

You have Engine Fixes installed that by default warns about too many ref handles? Not that updated cell records in Occlusion.esp should have any effect on that in particular.

Yes, got them installed and i am using the default config. I will try it with DynDOLOD. I noticed, that the occlusion.esp gets pretty big in size. With all worldspaced ticked and quality set to 2, it gets about 75mb in size. (solstheim alone takes around 50mb of that).

Edited by Tacocat

Same settings with DynDOLOD (ALL Quality 2) and no problems. The plugin size is also significantly smaller (1mb). The process also finished much faster.

That because DynDOLOD uses mode -Flat +Border.

Try the same when generation Occlusion with xLODGen. No need to generate it for all those cell that can not be reached.

That because DynDOLOD uses mode -Flat +Border.

Try the same when generation Occlusion with xLODGen. No need to generate it for all those cell that can not be reached.

I noticed that too. DynDOLOD switched modes (based on the worldspaces?) which i found to be pretty nice, while xLODGen didnt. I will try -Flat +Border.

I noticed that too. DynDOLOD switched modes (based on the worldspaces?) which i found to be pretty nice, while xLODGen didnt. I will try -Flat +Border.

DynDOLOD builds on top of xLODGen to make LOD generation easier by automating things, so it can also automates Occlusion generation settings.

-Flat +Border worked and the problem no longer appears. Thanks for your help.

Good. I could not replicate any problems with All for vanilla + DynDOLOD High. That is kind of expected of course, since something else must be at play as well.

We will probably find out eventually in the future if it happens for more people.

Edited by sheson

If disable occlusion.esp big chance do not load save game with occlusion.esp, game crash on loading. Crashes still have even after resave.

Then don't disable the plugin. Not that it contains anything special, just updated CELL records. Check it with xEdit yourself that nothing else sneaked in.

Edited by sheson

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, im encountering one small error when generating Occlusion Data in xLODGEN.

This is the one and only error i get:

[01:11] <DLC1ForbearsHoldoutExterior01 [CELL:000093A8] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -21,16) Error while updating TVDT data: Load order FileID [05] can not be mapped to file FileID for file "Occlusion.esp">

I looked at xEdit with the Hearthstone dlc and Occlusion.esp and this is what i get:

000093A8.png

I was sort of thinking that copying the location record there over to the Occlusion.esp might help, or maybe deleting the location record altogether. But i don't want to mess anything up so someone on Lexy's Discord said i should ask here. Thanks

Edited by DanTheMan1096

Hey, im encountering one small error when generating Occlusion Data in xLODGEN.

This is the one and only error i get:

[01:11]

I looked at xEdit with the Hearthstone dlc and Occlusion.esp and this is what i get:

I was sort of thinking that copying the location record there over to the Occlusion.esp might help, or maybe deleting the location record altogether. But i don't want to mess anything up so someone on Lexy's Discord said i should ask here. Thanks

The screenshot does not seem to reflect the entire load order.

Load the entire load order into xEdit and check all but the vanilla+DLC plugins for errors. Fix all unresolved errors.