Fixing deleted navmeshes from Pitt & BS

wellden

Question

Hi Kelmych - Just a note fwiw that I just had a discussion with @RoyBatty on discord (#troubleshooting TTW) last night and today about any procedures he recommended and this was his take :

1. deleting the navs can potentially break some mods, but he still recommends doing it as described only waiting until full modlist is in place so xEdit should update any ID's in the list

2. since he says xEdit can possibly flag the changed ID's as ITM's, he recommended NO autoclean to be used

Just wanted to share this info and hope it helps. Some folks were asking Michael (GP) and don't know if he got around to asking him or not...so I did

5 answers to this question

Glad to help. I just fixed mine (been busy with other things) and the only mod updated from the list was DCInteriors_ComboEdition.esm that I saw. Also of note, since Sreetlights.esm is above BrokenSteel.esm, the "ID to replace w/original" in Michael's instruction list you linked will be "0400.*" instead of "0300.*" I just bet we could still clean the remaining DLC with the exception of Pitt and BS...but your call there ;)

Thank you for a wonderful guide all these years and for continued work on it.

I'm glad you find the guide useful. I periodically search through all the new and modified FO3 mods on Nexus, but there aren't usually very many that seem appropriate for inclusion in the guide so the the guide isn't updated often.

I have one question on your original comment about Roy's recommendations. Did you mean that Roy recommended not using Quick Autoclean? The current version of xEdit 4.00+ (e.g., 4.02)does Autoclean or Quick Autoclean; it no longer works the same as xEdit version 3 when cleaning.

Yes I should have clarified...sorry about that. He was referring to autoclean and I suppose cleaning those 2 DLC in general as xEdit could "possibly", he said, interpret the changed FormID's as ITM's (which the older cleaning method would too I imagine)...therefore he advised against cleaning at all. I know he doesn't recommend cleaning DLC in FNV either...although like you...I always have. I did not this time per his advice ...as you said, he knows a thing or two ;) When I cleaned the navs from the Pitt and BS, LOOT reported them as clean...go figure!

Oh and speaking of newer mods...this one by StewieAl of FNV fame adds the falloutcustom.ini (which combines fallout.ini and prefs.ini) into one ini that is read first at runtime...making ini edits so much easier to copy/paste among a slew of other useful commands if it is to your liking. You might have seen it already but thought I would share if you don't mind.

Edit...Yes "Quick Autoclean"!! Hate not being able to edit posts!