Random CTD only with ENB enabled

Rune11

Question

Hello, long time modder here with a problem I can't figure out.  I follow Lexy's LOTD for the most part with a good sprinkle of my own choices mixed in, ample PC specs (GTX 1080 TI), and I use NVT ENB with Obsidian weathers.  Game runs beautifully if ENB is simply disabled via shift-F12.  The instant I turn it on, it starts randomly crashing and seems to become more and more common as I play to the point that it is unplayable.  I had this on a build a couple of years back and switched ENBs and it oddly fixed it, not working this time though.  Have cleanly deleted and re-installed all ENB files, tried to troubleshoot any odd settings/mod interactions/ini files, etc.  Seems very odd as I have searched many sources and can't find any mention of similar problems from other people.

To be clear, it runs perfectly fine with ENB installed...just not when ENB is enabled.  I know this isn't an oft visited section of the forum but any ideas or pointers from anyone?

2 answers to this question

Well, in case anyone else ever comes across this problem, I think I have figured it out.

Skylighting + Cloudshadows disabled = no crashes.  Both of them enabled = CTD within 2-3 minutes, every single time I tested it.  No idea why, might be unique to my set up (Obsidian weathers, various ENBs with the same results, loads of other mods but mostly the same as Lexy's LOTD), maybe I screwed something up with conflict resolution, I don't know.  Whatever the case, it works with those two options disabled.