Can't generate 3D LOD

mocia

Question

Hello, 

I have huge problems with Dyndolod. First, it stutters on generating Solstheim or Markarth (total lottery, it depends on Idk what). I tried solution from this forum, didn't help.

Second, I can't get 3D LOD to work. I tried generating LOD two times today, didn't help. My trees mods order: 

ru3tIgj.png

Tree LOD was looking like this:

LU82PvL.png

Beyond awful and flat Trees Addon LOD, everything was fine. As you can see, EVT and SFO was looking beautiful. 

And this is how it looks now:

XJI5Rgt.png

I haven't change any settings, I didn't even touch it. What I touched were 3D LOD meshes and textures, where I changed shader flags and made textures much darker. Plus, I changed small lush EVT option for lush large one.

Anyway, there's log in attached files. For the last successful generating and the last unsuccessful one.

What I want to get: 3D LOD for EVT, SFO 2.5, EVT+SFO, Tree Addon. And fix Dyndolod's stuttering, if it's possible.

If you have questions, I'll gladly respond. 

DynDOLOD_TES5_log.txt

Edited by mocia

4 answers to this question

it stutters on generating Solstheim or Markarth

When DynDOLOD generates LOD it uses the CPU. You can try lowering its priority in task manager.

What I touched were 3D LOD meshes and textures

As explained in the manual, the log shows you exactly for which trees which LOD resource were found and are used for the different LOD levels. For example:

Generation #1

TreePineForest01 [TREE:0001306D] meshes\landscape\trees\srg_treepineforest01.nif
  Billboard found, 3D LOD found 
  LOD4: meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\srg_treepineforest01_d32a320epassthru_lod.nif
  LOD8: textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\srg_treepineforest01_0001306d.dds using internal
  LOD16: textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\srg_treepineforest01_0001306d.dds using internal
Generation #2

TreePineForest01 [TREE:0001306D] meshes\landscape\trees\srg_treepineforest01.nif
  Billboard found, new tree, 3D LOD not found <srg_treepineforest01_F272DDAF> fallback Billboard
  LOD4: textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\srg_treepineforest01_0001306d.dds using internal
  LOD8: textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\srg_treepineforest01_0001306d.dds using internal
  LOD16: textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\srg_treepineforest01_0001306d.dds using internal
Install the required 3D LOD models if you want 3D tree LOD for those trees. If you edit the NIF of full model trees, their CRC32 changes. See DynDOLOD\Docs\trees.ultra\tools\DynDOLOD_CreateStaticTree.html Edited by sheson