Removing a Master from the STEP Patch

Legowaffles

I would like to install The Book of UUNP, however it specifically points out contentAddon.esp from aMidianBorn's Book of Silence as an issue.

With no patch available, I am left with the solutions mentioned here.

My situation is quite similar to that poster. The entirety of STEP: Extended is installed, and I would like to disable that one esp in order to remove the conflict.

Whilst I could use the Combined Plugin and getting missed patches and attempting to fix conflicts in a manner similar to someone "fixing" a buggy program by slamming the computer tower with a sledgehammer repeatedly, it would be much more ideal if I could simply remove the master safely using the method outlined in that post:

1. Load the STEP Extended Patch into xEdit
  2. Right click the STEP Patch and run script called "List records referencing specific plugin" (specifying the plugin I wish to remove as a master)
  3. Go through the list which is generated and delete all of those records from the STEP Patch
  4. Right click the STEP Patch and select "Clean Masters"
  5. Save and quit

Will that work safely in the case of contentAddon.esp? Or is there perhaps a better way? Or am I stuck with the combined plugin route?

Ah, I don't know if it's at all unclear, but I AM using Skyrim LE and not SE.

Thank you for the assistance.

The steps you've outlined above should work fine and I think the only reference you'll find is Weapon\0009F25D SkyforgeSteelDagger if I'm not mistaken. After you've removed the aMidianBorn_ContentAddon master and aMidianBorn_ContentAddon plugin from your load order, you may want to load everything into xEdit once more to resolve the conflicts with SkyforgeSteelDagger. In my load order, AOS overrides Weapons & Armor Fixes Remade so you may want to carry forward the changes from Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade into the patch. I think this is primarily the two additional keywords and the DATA - Game Data value should be 110.

You were correct, SkyforgeSteelDagger was the only record I saw. Note, it might be because I used Copy as Override into. . . But the damage value was set to 0. contentAddon.esp also has a lower Value than in Weapon & Armor Fixes Remade. I've gone ahead and used the 110 in contentAddon.

It appears to have worked. I would like to verify a few more things if you don't mind:

Whenever I change the load order at all I need to:

1. Rebuild the Bashed Patch
  2. Make a new Dual Sheath Redux Patch
  3. Rerun FNIS.

I'm not sure if I actually need to do all three everytime I add or remove a mod.

Furthermore, when do I actually need to rerun DynDOLOD? Is it generally fine to leave it if something such as a building outside isn't being added/removed?

You should rebuild the bashed patch and make a new Dual Sheath Redux patch any time you change the load order. You should rerun FNIS any time you change mods that affect the skeletons or animations. You should rerun DynDOLOD any time you change mods that affect the landscape or terrain.