configuration problem

rpowell327

Question

I have just moved to MO2 from Vortex after beating my head with a Nord maul. My problem is that I have a small ssd for my c;/ drive and I use it for my OS only. with a little space left over. and that is the way I like it. I have a D:/ drive for all my other programs and an E:/ drive for games. MO2 wants to set up by default on C: drive. I have used "configure setting" change the default drive to my games drive. I make the change and start to use MO2 and after a few minutes it won't download or install any mods. I check the settings and it has reverted to my C: drive used all the extra space so that I'm left with less than a 100k of space.

what have I done wrong. and how do I make it to install where I want it and do its business where I want it to? if it can't be done is there another program that will let me tell it where I want it? I know its not Vortex.  I have deleted downloaded and went through this process 3 times in the last 2 days. 

Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated. 

Kindest regards,

Randy

1 answer to this question

If you are using Mod Organizer 2 (Installer), run the installer and tell it to install to a folder on your preferred drive (either D: or E:). If you are using Mod Organizer 2 (Archive), right click "Mod Organizer 2 (Archive)-6194-2-2-1-1564685345.7z", click Properties, click Unblock, and then extract the files to a folder on your preferred drive (D: or E:).

Run Mod Organizer 2 and the initial dialog asks you to chose an instance. Select Portable and click OK then select the appropriate game you want to manage. If you do this, all of the mods you download and install are stored directly in the Mod Organizer folder you are currently using so it won't uses any space on the C: drive. The disadvantage with this approach is that portable mode can be used with only the game you initially selected. If you want to use Mod Organizer with another game (say Fallout 4), you'll need to install another copy of Mod Organizer and use that one in portable mode for Fallout 4. Just keep in mind that you can have as many copies of Mod Organizer 2 as you need.