3d trees changing the color of evt for sse

rabbiboiberg

Question

4 answers to this question

It is possible the video simply shows the difference between LOD that has no shadows and full models that have shadows. Disable or shorten the shadow distance for comparison.

DynDOLOD uses the 3D tree LOD assets from the 3rd party mod you have installed in the load order. So it would be better to ask the mod author questions about a mod.

If the LOD textures of the 3D tree LOD assets do not match the full models, then the most likely reason is that the 3D tree LOD assets use a different texture than the full models.

This is perfectly normal. It means you need to make sure to install the correct 3D tree LOD textures for the full models. Typically a mods instructions should explain it.

To troubleshoot you can look up the reference form id of a full model tree in xEdit to find the base record form id and the path to the full model NIF.

Use NifSkope to find out which textures the full model uses.

Use the base record form id to find which 3D LOD model is used for the tree in DynDOLOD log file in the list under "Static tree LOD used meshes and billboard" 

Use NifSkope to find out which textures the 3D tree LOD nifs uses.

Check with NifSkope

Edited by sheson

Unfortunately, that just looks like the shadowing being rendered on from them being loaded from the LOD asset. The trees, themselves, don't looked like they "pop-in" because they're Hybrid 3D trees. However, to my knowledge there is nothing to prevent the shadows from popping in like that. It's about the only con, besides a potential bit performance, that comes with 3D trees, and is to my knowledge a limitation of the engine because it doesn't render shadows on LOD objects. ENB distance shadows may help, but I'm unsure on that.

Unfortunately, that just looks like the shadowing being rendered on from them being loaded from the LOD asset. The trees, themselves, don't looked like they "pop-in" because they're Hybrid 3D trees. However, to my knowledge there is nothing to prevent the shadows from popping in like that. It's about the only con, besides a potential bit performance, that comes with 3D trees, and is to my knowledge a limitation of the engine because it doesn't render shadows on LOD objects. ENB distance shadows may help, but I'm unsure on that.

The vanilla billboard tree LOD also has no shadows, so that is just a normal con against all LOD.

ENB distance shadows applies to all LOD.