• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lele

Lele

Prisoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 05:08 AM

Hi to all and sorry for my bad english.Years ago i played and modded Oblivion with WB and Tes4Edit and i remember that i did obse installation(and his plugins)outside of any wryebash folder.Now i had bought skyrim LE and i prefer to use WB than Mod Organizer but i don't find guides about how to install skse with WB as mod manager.Someone is so kind to reply to my question?Thanks in advance.

#2 Greg

Greg

Dragon Prince

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 09:35 AM

I think the installation should be relatively the same for all mod managers:

• Download SKSE obviously
  • Open the folder where you downloaded SKSE
  • Right click SKSE*.7z, click Properties, click Unblock and click OK. This is a safety precaution to prevent Windows 10 from causing issues later on.
  • Extract skse*.dll, skse_loader.exe and skse_steam_loader.dll into the Skyrim folder. This is the folder with TESV.exe and SkyrimLauncher.exe.
  • Run you mod manager and select to install a new mod
  • Select skse*.7z in you download folder from Step 1 and install normally.

The basic idea is to install the core components (the DLLs and EXEs) in the Skyrim folder and to install all of the scripts as a mod using your preferred mod manager.

You can also install the scripts directly in the Skyrim/Data folder, but I prefer to install anything that goes in the Data folder as mod to keep the Skyrim folder structure as clean as possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users