DynDOLOD+Open Cities for Skyrim Special Edition, HELP

leshugan

Question

How to install the DynDOLOD in conjunction with Open cities, in the HTML guide and video of 2016, the instruction is only for the LE version of the game.

Perhaps for SE, too, everything is clear / you can guess well knowing English. But alas, I’m not very good at it and use reverb or just like a blockhead repeat the video shown.

A big request, write step by step how to install everything correctly for the SE version and Open cities

Edited by leshugan

13 answers to this question

For the second step, first edit the '..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_[GAMEMODE].ini'. Remove 'Open Cities Skyrim' from the WarnModFileName= list

There is no this line in the DynDOLOD_SSE.ini

Here is what is located there:

; !!! NO NEED TO COMMENT OUT ANYTHING FOR OPEN CITIES !!!
;
; Parent world name
[skyrim Tamriel]

IgnoreIfPluginExists=OpenCities, Open Cities

; Child Town worlds to check for new LOD
ChildWorlds=MarkarthWorld, RiftenWorld, SolitudeWorld, WhiterunWorld, WindhelmWorld

; ignore the references linking to this (partial) editor id base element
Ignore=treereach, treepine, treeaspen, treeclover, treegourd, treekelp, treethicket, treevine, shrub, fern, flora, wrtreecircle, windmill, mountain, rock, fxwater, water1024, rapids, dirtcliff, drift, road, hay, wrpondwall, fence, stonewall, shackroof, impstoneblock, whprisonwallcap, whouterwallstatue, mrkmillroof01, crafting, fxglow, whgate, whdoorfrontgate, slightpost, signrtpost, mrkkeepcollonadecolm, mrkbrazierhangingdeco, mrkwarrensarch, mrkarch, candlehorn, candlel, candles, candle0, rtcanals, rtlamppost, fxmist, door

; Child Town worlds bounds, min height to copy back disabled NeverFades added by confused mod authors
MarkarthWorld=-44,1,-40,2
RiftenWorld=41,-25,43,-23
SolitudeWorld=-14,25,-11,27,-10000
WhiterunWorld=4,-3,7,1
WindhelmWorld=31,8,34,10

Edited by leshugan

The DynDOLOD_SSE.ini contains the lines among many others:

; (partial) mod file names to warn about, comma separated, remove "Open Cities Skyrim, " after reading in the manual about it
WarnModFileName=Open Cities Skyrim, WhiterunInEnhanced, Occlusion

I suggest to carefully read the instructions and use search to find lines in the INI.
  • +1 1

The DynDOLOD_SSE.ini contains the lines among many others:

; (partial) mod file names to warn about, comma separated, remove "Open Cities Skyrim, " after reading in the manual about it
WarnModFileName=Open Cities Skyrim, WhiterunInEnhanced, Occlusion

I suggest to carefully read the instructions and use search to find lines in the INI.

I downloaded DynDOLOD from the forum - I found the lines. Downloaded from the nexus - did not find) It seems that everything worked out.

Edited by leshugan

The downloads are the same archives.

Yes, I already figured it out. I just thought that this would solve my main problem ...
The other day the game was updated to version 1.5.97.0.
I updated all the mods to the corresponding versions. But I started having terrible crashes during fast trips, say 7/10 fast trips ended with a crash to the desktop.
I thought it was not the right installation with Open Cities.
Apparently not. ot the right installation with Open Cities.
Apparently not. Probably I need to wait for the update DondOLOD for the latest version of SKSE for SE (

DynDOLOD DLL is the only optional part of DynDOLOD that needs to match the currently installed SKSE and game version. 

The DynDOLOD Standalone, DynDOLOD Resources and the output created by TexGen/DynDOLOD are all independent from the game version.

Obviously the requirements SKSE (and PapyrusUtil if used) need to be the correct versions for the game version.

Edited by sheson
  • +1 1

DynDOLOD DLL is the only optional part of DynDOLOD that needs to match the currently installed SKSE and game version. 

The DynDOLOD Standalone, DynDOLOD Resources and the output created by TexGen/DynDOLOD are all independent from the game version.

Obviously the requirements SKSE (and PapyrusUtil if used) need to be the correct versions for the game version.

I and DLL and PapyrusUtil have current versions (

Great, then following the instructions should be no problem and everything should work as it is supposed to be.

Otherwise you actually would need to properly explain any remaining problems.

I did everything clearly according to the instructions. Everything turned out without problems and errors, but 5 out of 10 fast travels end with a crash to the desktop. The game always goes with me at 60 fps, that is, I have enough PC power.

The game always goes with me at 60 fps, that is, I have enough PC power.
From missions, I went through the whole of Saltesheim, the Thieves Guild, the main plot, and just a little bit of the side ones.
The weight of one save is 10 625.
The program for cleaning saves does not find anything superfluous in saving.
I'm at a loss.

I did everything clearly according to the instructions. Everything turned out without problems and errors, but 5 out of 10 fast travels end with a crash to the desktop. The game always goes with me at 60 fps, that is, I have enough PC power.

The game always goes with me at 60 fps, that is, I have enough PC power.
From missions, I went through the whole of Saltesheim, the Thieves Guild, the main plot, and just a little bit of the side ones.
The weight of one save is 10 625.
The program for cleaning saves does not find anything superfluous in saving.
I'm at a loss.

What makes you believe that the LOD mod genreated by DynDOLOD has anything to do with it?

Check the DynDOLOD FAQ for answers about CTD and the readme for instructions how to check for invalid meshes. Typically those are perfectly reproducible CTD.

"Random" CTDs are usually some kind of resource issue. Make sure to use Engine Fixes. Maybe try disabling autosave at fast travel.

• +1 1

What makes you believe that the LOD mod genreated by DynDOLOD has anything to do with it?

Check the DynDOLOD FAQ for answers about CTD and the readme for instructions how to check for invalid meshes. Typically those are perfectly reproducible CTD.

"Random" CTDs are usually some kind of resource issue. Make sure to use Engine Fixes. Maybe try disabling autosave at fast travel.

I turned it off in MO2. Departures stopped. But okay, I realized that you can’t help me. Thank you for everything. All the best.
I will look for the problem further.

I turned it off in MO2. Departures stopped. But okay, I realized that you can’t help me. Thank you for everything. All the best.
I will look for the problem further.

Nobody can help you further if you ignore all the suggestions I gave to troubleshoot the CTD and not provide feedback what the results are.

It is very easy to find the exact cause for a CTD if it is repeatable.
Edited by sheson