Static Mesh Improvement Mod (by Brumbek)

TechAngel85

• 1 year later...

Riekling barrels are supposed to look identical to regular container barrels, and they do in vanilla.

SMIM's 'Modified Vanilla Barrels' (STEP guide selection) only modify the regular container barrels, and while they look quite similar to vanilla barrels, they're not identical. A careful or trained eye can then tell them apart from Riekling barrels fairly easily, at which point they're no longer a trap. If you're like me and highly value gameplay and visual consistency, this is an issue.

Solution 1: copy meshes/clutter/barrel01.nif from SMIM to meshes/dlc02/clutter/misc/rieklingbarreldest01.nif.

Before > After (Riekling barrel is on the right)

20211205024436_1.thumb.jpg.85518cdc15547cacab95a2b9000bd00c.jpg20211205024624_1.thumb.jpg.bd4d5e7f1b9586a266b9de897db13873.jpg

Solution 2: use this mod Riekling Barrels SMIM (by wSkeever). However it's designed to work with SMIM's 'Brumbek's New High-Res' variant of barrels rather than 'Modified Vanilla', and this variant may or may not violate the STEP mandate.

3 hours ago, Mousetick said:

Riekling barrels are supposed to look identical to regular container barrels, and they do in vanilla.

SMIM's 'Modified Vanilla Barrels' (STEP guide selection) only modify the regular container barrels, and while they look quite similar to vanilla barrels, they're not identical. A careful or trained eye can then tell them apart from Riekling barrels fairly easily, at which point they're no longer a trap. If you're like me and highly value gameplay and visual consistency, this is an issue.

Solution 1: copy meshes/clutter/barrel01.nif from SMIM to meshes/dlc02/clutter/misc/rieklingbarreldest01.nif.

Before > After (Riekling barrel is on the right)

20211205024436_1.thumb.jpg.85518cdc15547cacab95a2b9000bd00c.jpg20211205024624_1.thumb.jpg.bd4d5e7f1b9586a266b9de897db13873.jpg

Solution 2: use this mod Riekling Barrels SMIM (by wSkeever). However it's designed to work with SMIM's 'Brumbek's New High-Res' variant of barrels rather than 'Modified Vanilla', and this variant may or may not violate the STEP mandate.

Can you add a screen showing the barrels with the mod you mention? If you think it works, maybe create the mod page for that and post the compares there. I created a new editor plugin that makes it simple to create mod pages now using the delta button.

The mod I mentioned doesn't create new barrels, it reuses a different variant of the SMIM barrels and makes it work as Riekling barrels.

image.thumb.png.55984ca5658c93040798b70e7b53c2a4.png

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

If you think it works, maybe create the mod page for that and post the compares there.

Nah, that's fine. I suspect it likely will be rejected. I'd rather not waste time.

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

I created a new editor plugin that makes it simple to create mod pages now using the delta button.

Yep, neat-o. I already made use of it a couple of times. Thanks.