Blended Roads (by T4gtr34um3r)

TechAngel85

Discussion topic:
Blended Roads by T4gtr34um3r
Wiki Link

The plugin is redundant with Cathedral Landscapes.esp, so move Blended Roads.esp to Optional ESPs.

Blended Roads option:

Cathedral Landscapes --> Blended Roads

br - cl nomral.jpg br - normal.jpg

CL - BR - Normal.jpgcc - br - br.jpg 

REALly Blended Roads option:

Cathedral Landscapes --> Blended Roads 

br - cl really.jpg br - really.jpg

CL - BR - Really.jpgcc - br - really br.jpg 

Bridge issue fixed in Blended Roads v1.7

cc - br - bridge issue.jpg cc - br - bridge issue fixed.jpg 

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you treat Blended Roads as a patch or update to Cathedral Landscapes rather than a standalone mod, and install it right after Cathedral Landscapes in Foundation, there is no need to hide Meshes\architecture\solitude\sbridge01.nif as that gets overwritten later by mesh fixes. IMHO such arrangement makes sense (Blended Roads being included in Cathedral Landscapes, it's essentially part of Foundation) and is simpler.

Edited by Mousetick

52 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

If you treat Blended Roads as a patch or update to Cathedral Landscapes rather than a standalone mod, and install it right after Cathedral Landscapes in Foundation, there is no need to hide Meshes\architecture\solitude\sbridge01.nif as that gets overwritten later by mesh fixes. IMHO such arrangement makes sense (Blended Roads being included in Cathedral Landscapes, it's essentially part of Foundation) and is simpler.

This makes sense to me, but hiding a single file is pretty simple as well ... one less to-do though.

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

This makes sense to me, but hiding a single file is pretty simple as well ... one less to-do though.

Looking at the latest WIP guide I realize my suggestion wouldn't work anyway. To minimize the amount of hiding, I follow the order suggested by 'Mesh Patch for Various Mods' and I treat 'Skyrim: A Mountainous Experience' as a patch/update add-on to Majestic Mountains (the latter is a 'hard' requirement for the former) rather than a standalone mod:

• SMIM
  • SRO
  • MM (STEP puts it below mesh fixes)
  • Skyrim - A Mountainous Experience (STEP puts it in M&T modgroup - no hiding necessary when placed here)
  • Cathedral Landscapes (STEP puts it below mesh fixes)
  • Blended Roads (STEP puts it in M&T modgroup - no hiding necessary when placed here)
  • ELFX
  • ELFX Fixes
  • SMIM Quality Addon
  • Skyrim Landscape and Water Fixes (STEP puts it in Fixes modgroup - almost no hiding necessary when placed here)
  • Other mesh fixes and improvements + "cumulative patches" from 'Mesh Patch for Various Mods'

As a rule of thumb, I find it easier to manage patches/fixes/updates when placed directly next to the mod(s) they're designed for, without regards for Nexus' categorization.

On 12/10/2021 at 11:43 PM, Mousetick said:

Looking at the latest WIP guide I realize my suggestion wouldn't work anyway. To minimize the amount of hiding, I follow the order suggested by 'Mesh Patch for Various Mods' and I treat 'Skyrim: A Mountainous Experience' as a patch/update add-on to Majestic Mountains (the latter is a 'hard' requirement for the former) rather than a standalone mod:

• SMIM
  • SRO
  • MM (STEP puts it below mesh fixes)
  • Skyrim - A Mountainous Experience (STEP puts it in M&T modgroup - no hiding necessary when placed here)
  • Cathedral Landscapes (STEP puts it below mesh fixes)
  • Blended Roads (STEP puts it in M&T modgroup - no hiding necessary when placed here)
  • ELFX
  • ELFX Fixes
  • SMIM Quality Addon
  • Skyrim Landscape and Water Fixes (STEP puts it in Fixes modgroup - almost no hiding necessary when placed here)
  • Other mesh fixes and improvements + "cumulative patches" from 'Mesh Patch for Various Mods'

As a rule of thumb, I find it easier to manage patches/fixes/updates when placed directly next to the mod(s) they're designed for, without regards for Nexus' categorization.

This mod prioritization works fine and probably does reduce the need to hide files in some cases. Nevertheless, we try to keep the Foundation ModGroup limited to larger overhauls with many assets that should generally be overridden by other mods. This way, this ModGroup remains limited in size and relatively consistent.

Hiding files only takes a few seconds and is now standardized in Mod Recommendations.

That said, I'd support some arrangement limiting the need to hide files but the other admins will need to also express support without any objections.