Chicken Butthurt Minimizer AKA Immersive Eggs (by shingouki2002)

TechAngel85

• 2 months later...

From what I've checked via xEdit, doesn't CACO change the file paths of both nests and eggs to use CACO-specific meshes, rendering this mod obsolete?

Yes, it appears it does. Looks like CACO is pretty much giving us the same thing now. Good catch!

I've dropped the mod.

Are we sure about this? After removing this mod the eggs are big again. I have CACO installed.

To quote the CACO mod page, aka kryptopyr:

"Bird eggs have been resized and nests can now spawn with multiple eggs"

also the mod discussed here is listed among the credits on the CACO mod page:

"The following mod authors have generously allowed for their work to be used in this mod:

ShinGouki for Chicken Butthurt Minimizer

..."

And as stated above, the CACO esp reroutes the filepath for bird nest and egg meshes, so having chicken butthurt minimizer installed should have no effect at all, since the meshes are pulled from a different directory.  If you still experience a change, then I think there must be something wrong with the installation.

Ok perhaps I'm just not remembering how big the eggs were in the default game, but this still seems bigger then the 'Chicken Butthurt Minimizer' eggs. Is this what everybody is seeing in their actual game, or is everybody just looking in xEdit because I don't see anything wrong in xEdit either. Just saying.

vdJlFUG.png

Ok perhaps I'm just not remembering how big the eggs were in the default game, but this still seems bigger then the 'Chicken Butthurt Minimizer' eggs. Is this what everybody is seeing in their actual game, or is everybody just looking in xEdit because I don't see anything wrong in xEdit either. Just saying.

vdJlFUG.png

That's just the size they are in CACO, but still smaller than vanilla, I think. I just did a quick run around and it's working. They're just bigger than Minimizer, but are showing various quantities, so CACO is working. I agree they're still too big.

Ok, after some testing on a vanilla profile it's true that having the "Chicken Butthurt Minimizer" installed with CACO was a waste of time, because CACO overrides no matter where this mod is placed, However CACO DOES NOT provide a suitable replacement. In fact CACO's eggs are hardy different to default egg size at all.

Default Eggs8Uvk57Zb.png

CACO EggsuVGLNwob.png

Butthurt EggsPggP1Qnb.png

I think the whole point of the 'Butthurt Chicken Minimizer' was to reduce the size of the eggs and CACO's eggs are only a tiny bit smaller. If CACO's mod author said he's incorporated this mod, then he isn't being honest. Now I don't think it's worth dropping CACO for this mod, but CACO doesn't solve the issue with the unrealistic size eggs. I guess we'll still have to wait on that.

Wow! Thanks for this. I'll bring this up to the author. I don't think a patch is possible without some mesh work due to Minimizer's nest meshes. The nest in Minimizer is just a vanilla replacement with smaller eggs, however, they are static and users will always see 5 eggs in a nest. CACO, however, provides several nest meshes with various numbers of eggs within, a loads one of these via magic into the game. Therefore, making them smaller isn't as easy as making a patch in xEdit. It's going to take editing meshes. I could probably do this, but not without permission from the author as it's going well beyond a simple patch.