Dragonbone Mastery (by Nazenn)

TechAngel85

• 1 year later...

This mod shouldn't have this issue, since it doesn't seem to have been recently updated, and the instructions don't mention it. I don't remember.

Depending on how MO informs you as you download install:

1. Download and install the Main File.
  2. MO will prompt the user.
  3. Expand the FNIS Behavior SE x.x.x folder.
  4. Right-click on Data and select Set data directory.
  5. Click OK to install the mod.
  6. Enable the mod.

Alternatively, right click on the downloaded mod installer and "Open file", then you can manually drag files around to fix. To do this:

1. Install the mod and ignore the warnings
  2. right click the mod in the MO left pane and select "open in explorer"
  3. Move files around here or delete and drag files from the opened installer archive, situating as normal (see other mods or the "Data" tab in right pane fopr proper structure)

I think I see the issue with the fomod. If you select Full Length Scabbard, it sets the source path to "99 None" and that folder does not exist. Mod Organizer prompts that folder "99 None" does not exist so click Install Anyway. The mod should be installed correctly since it doesn't seem to need anything extra for the full length scabbard.

On 4/6/2021 at 6:46 AM, Greg said:

I think I see the issue with the fomod. If you select Full Length Scabbard, it sets the source path to "99 None" and that folder does not exist. Mod Organizer prompts that folder "99 None" does not exist so click Install Anyway. The mod should be installed correctly since it doesn't seem to need anything extra for the full length scabbard.

I see, thanks for the help.

• 4 months later...
On 4/5/2021 at 6:46 PM, Greg said:

I updated the the detailed instructions for Dragonbone Mastery with this information.

• 2 years later...

The sort order of this mod on MO2 left side is incorrect relative to LeanWolf's Better-Shaped Weapons for the installation options recommended by the Guide.

Specifically, the recommended options for this mod are:

• New Style Arrows (vs. vanilla)
  • Transparent Meshes of Full Size Scabbard (vs. opaque, or vanilla meshes)

As of this writing, the Guide sorts BSW after this mod, thus overwriting it. This cancels the above style choices and creates a mish-mash of dragonbone weapons and sheathes with different styles. This can be easily seen by comparing previews in MO2 and swapping the relative order of the two mods.

As the Guide's intent is to utilize this mod's custom style rather than vanilla, the current sorting doesn't make sense. Otherwise it would have recommended different installation options for this mod.

This mod's custom meshes for the arrows and scabbards are designed to safely overwrite BSW without loss of quality, as they are based on BSW meshes. As indicated on the mod page (emphasis added):

Compatibility

Make sure you install Better Shaped Weapons before you install Dragonbone Mastery if you intend to use the Transparent Scabbards or New Arrows optional files (if using MO this means having this mod lower in your left pane, the equivalent of installing after).

Credits

Meshes for the Greatsword, Sword and Dagger were used from Better Shaped Weapons by LeanWolf as per open permissions on the mod page. Mesh editing was required for the transparent scabbard option and these meshes were the highest quality for that.

3 hours ago, Mousetick said:

The sort order of this mod on MO2 left side is incorrect relative to LeanWolf's Better-Shaped Weapons for the installation options recommended by the Guide.

Specifically, the recommended options for this mod are:

• New Style Arrows (vs. vanilla)
  • Transparent Meshes of Full Size Scabbard (vs. opaque, or vanilla meshes)

As of this writing, the Guide sorts BSW after this mod, thus overwriting it. This cancels the above style choices and creates a mish-mash of dragonbone weapons and sheathes with different styles. This can be easily seen by comparing previews in MO2 and swapping the relative order of the two mods.

As the Guide's intent is to utilize this mod's custom style rather than vanilla, the current sorting doesn't make sense. Otherwise it would have recommended different installation options for this mod.

This mod's custom meshes for the arrows and scabbards are designed to safely overwrite BSW without loss of quality, as they are based on BSW meshes. As indicated on the mod page (emphasis added):

I've confirmed (from a data perspective) the truth of it. Similarly, the LBSW orcish weapon meshes are overridden by WACCF and others are overridden by ENB Light, so installing the Update File is redundant  , but it's still fine for those not using WACCF ... but the SkyrimSE guide requires WACCF.

This all brings into question if the WACCF meshes are up to snuff with this mod (or the inverse ... same goes for ENB Light). We've already discussed the LBSW-WACCF conflicts, but did not consider Dragonbone Matery in that discussion, and I'm not sure why.

I'm inclined to place all four mods into testing for the 2.3 update just until we get it all sorted.

EDIT: Well, WACCF meshes don't conflict with this mod, so there's the reason why we didn't discuss it. It would make sense to place Leanwolf's at one lower priority than DM is currently. So the ENB Light meshes are what should probably be checked ... from a quick look, ENB Light includes the scabbard, while LBSW doesn't.

EDIT2: Taking an even closer look, the LBSW dawnbreaker jewel shaders (first BSTriShape under the first NiNode) appear to be sourced from the exact same mesh (probably vanilla, but IDK), so ENB Light may be redundant for the effects piece. I'm not familiar enough with mesh requirements for ENB to say with any reliability though. The point is: scabbard or no scabbard? I also want to know what mesh is used while that sword is wielded ... loading game with MIC needed, so I'm not at a point where I can load the game in any serious way, due to the update(s).

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

So the ENB Light meshes are what should probably be checked ... from a quick look, ENB Light includes the scabbard, while LBSW doesn't.

I don't know if you're still discussing conflicts with this mod, or if you've switched to conflicts between LBSW and ENB Light which are not related to this mod. I can't confirm either way, as I don't use ENB Light or anything in the Post-Processing group.

1 hour ago, Mousetick said:

I don't know if you're still discussing conflicts with this mod, or if you've switched to conflicts between LBSW and ENB Light which are not related to this mod. I can't confirm either way, as I don't use ENB Light or anything in the Post-Processing group.

Yeah, I know you don't run ENB ... just adding notes within the context of my erroneous assumptions of conflicts between DM and WACCF. Got a bit off topic though :whistling:

Better link from the other topic :