Gemling Queen Jewelry SE (by Saerileth/lordjoseph7)

TechAngel85

• 10 months later...

This mod installs GQJ_DG_vampireamuletfix.esp.

However, when I run LOOT it reports:

GQJ_DG_vampireamuletfix.esp  50CFC5AB
Delete. Already included or otherwise fixed in Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.

So should the .esp be disabled (moved to Optional ESPs)?

I don't understand because Gemling Queen Jewelry includes additional changes that are not currently included in Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch unless LOOT is asserting these other changes are not necessary or desired.

From what I can tell

1. Gemling Queen Jewelry was developed for Skyrim LE, not Skyrim SE.

So GQJ_DG_vampireamuletfix.esp was created for Skyrim LE and designed to fix problems that USLEEP does not fix. It was never created to work for Skyrim SE with USSEP.

2. Gemling Queen Jewelry was then ported to Skyrim SE, not by the original author, but by someone doing a quick port.

It was then effectively abandoned and has remained unmaintained on Skyrim SE for the last 4 years. Whereas USSEP and LOOT have been continually updated.

So if LOOT says that GQJ_DG_vampireamuletfix.esp is not needed because USSEP includes or otherwise fixes the issues, I would be inclined to believe LOOT.

LOOT has not one, but two recommendations for this mod (I managed to miss the second one earlier) :

1. For Gemling Queen Jewelry : GQJ_DG_vampireamuletfix.esp be disabled/hidden.

2. For USSEP : Circlet USSEP Fixes be installed

This must be a relatively recent development since "Circlet USSEP Fixes" was only released in May this year.

So if LOOT says that GQJ_DG_vampireamuletfix.esp is not needed because USSEP includes or otherwise fixes the issues, I would be inclined to believe LOOT.

Haha! I'm the opposite. I never believe LOOT. Really, just check it in xEdit.

The plugin adds DLC1NordRace to the vampire amulet, which USSEP does not. This allows any NPC using that race to wear the amulet (mod or vanilla NPC). In vanilla, research seems to reveal that this is the race used for Serena after...

Plot Spoiler

she is cured.

I did look into it a bit more in the CK, I can't tell if the race change actually happens or not. The script has the line commented out with a following comment that says "oops, can't do this on an NPC" :lol: . They may be switching the race another way, but that was the extent of my investigation. I can't get her race as I've not gotten to that point on any of my saves and forcing it may not have the same results.

Haha! I'm the opposite. I never believe LOOT. Really, just check it in xEdit.

I tend to take a lot of LOOTs messages with a grain of salt as well.

The plugin adds DLC1NordRace to the vampire amulet, which USSEP does not. This allows any NPC using that race to wear the amulet (mod or vanilla NPC). In vanilla, research seems to reveal that this is the race used for Serena after...

Plot Spoiler

she is cured.

I did look into it a bit more in the CK, I can't tell if the race change actually happens or not. The script has the line commented out with a following comment that says "oops, can't do this on an NPC" :lol: . They may be switching the race another way, but that was the extent of my investigation. I can't get her race as I've not gotten to that point on any of my saves and forcing it may not have the same results.

It just so happens that Serana ran off to cure her vampirism on my last save so I may be able to get her race after she returns. I'm assuming something like "getrace" should work in console for NPCs, or I may just break down and install More Informative Console get her race.

EDIT: I just checked and Serana's race is 00013746 NordRace ("Nord") after she is cured of vampirism.

It just so happens that Serana ran off to cure her vampirism on my last save so I may be able to get her race after she returns. I'm assuming something like "getrace" should work in console for NPCs, or I may just break down and install More Informative Console get her race.

EDIT: I just checked and Serana's race is 00013746 NordRace ("Nord") after she is cured of vampirism.

Thanks! Good to know. Seems to be unused by the game, then...from what I can tell. In vanilla, it's only applied to some clothes, jewelry, and shields, and is referenced by the quest for Serana's curing. From what I can tell, it's been redacted in the script, and Greg's reported of her race changing to nord and not DLC1NordRace confirms that. It's not back-ported to any of the non-Dawnguard items in the base game. However, USSEP expands it by adding it to more Dawnguard items and...oddly...the wenches outfit. Most of kryptopyr's mods adds it to both non-Dawnguard and custom armors, clothing, jewelry, items, etc.

If this is the case and it's really not used in the game, then the plugin is truly not needed as adding the race to items would serve no benefit/purpose. This finding really needs to be confirmed by more that me, though. It would be good to contact kryptopyr to get the reasoning for its addition in her mods, as well as, contacting Arthmoor or the USSEP team to get their feedback (and if confirmed, report that it should be removed from their mods). These are contacts I would have done, myself, as a project lead and a member of the STEP Staff role, however, I'm still trying to step back more from those roles. Anyone care to make these contacts and report back?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Ok, just digging because i got LOOT message so i search if it was truly safe to remove, i find this on the Original Mod Page

Dawnguard Addon
The plugin file included with the Dawnguard Addon fixes an issue with the Amulets of Night power where the female weight sliders were broken
(they would just be stuck at the 100% weight mesh and not morph down along with the body). It shouldn't cause any compatibility issues whatsoever and can be put anywhere in your loadorder.

Update 27 January 2015: The weight slider fix for the Amulets of Night Power is included in the Unofficial Dawnguard Patch as of version 2.0.8 and is thus obsolete. I will remove the plugin from future updates of Gemling Queen Jewelry.

So just to let you guys and everyone that comes in here know

1 hour ago, Raven13 said:

Ok, just digging because i got LOOT message so i search if it was truly safe to remove, i find this on the Original Mod Page

So just to let you guys and everyone that comes in here know

Thanks for letting us know. Are you following the Skyrim SE guide or the LE guide? The mod page you linked is for LE, not SE.

Regardless, LOOT is saying that this fix is already present in the USSEP for SE:

image.png

In MO:

1. Double click on the mod
  2. Select Optional ESPs tab
  3. Select GQJ_DG_vampireamuletfix.esp
  4. Click left-pointing arrow to move it to "Optional ESPs" in left pane

This will remove the redundant plugin. Re-run LOOT and re-sort. The same process applies to LE.

I will update the guide instructions

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

LOOT tells me to use the Circlet USSEP Fixes mesh fix with this mod, which we don't currently include in the guide. Is there a reason why, other than no testing the fix?

I think @TechAngel85 has this in the Step Patch, but not positive. I swear I did something to check or account for this, but can't remember. I have the same message, and that's why I looked into it about a month ago.