LeanWolf's Better-Shaped Weapons SE (by LeanWolf/masterofshadows)

TechAngel85

• 3 months later...

It's always going to take us a bit of time to update things like FOMOD instructions when mods update. I have all the STEP mods tracked on Nexus so I am notified of all updates to these mods. I will get them updated as soon as I have the time to do so.

With that said, I've updated the FOMOD instructions.

• 3 years later...
8 hours ago, z929669 said:

Linking to some findings related to ENB Light mesh conflicts.

We may consider hiding some of the ENB Light meshes where they step on other mods like Leanwolf's BSW.

Quote discussion there:

I've confirmed (from a data perspective) the truth of it. Similarly, the LBSW orcish weapon meshes are overridden by WACCF and others are overridden by ENB Light, so installing the Update File is redundant, but it's still fine for those not using WACCF ... but the SkyrimSE guide requires WACCF.

This all brings into question if the WACCF meshes are up to snuff with this mod (or the inverse ... same goes for ENB Light). We've already discussed the LBSW-WACCF conflicts, but did not consider Dragonbone Matery in that discussion, and I'm not sure why.

I'm inclined to place all four mods into testing for the 2.3 update just until we get it all sorted.

EDIT: Well, WACCF meshes don't conflict with this mod, so there's the reason why we didn't discuss it. It would make sense to place Leanwolf's at one lower priority than DM is currently. So the ENB Light meshes are what should probably be checked ... from a quick look, ENB Light includes the scabbard, while LBSW doesn't.

EDIT2: Taking an even closer look, the LBSW dawnbreaker jewel shaders (first BSTriShape under the first NiNode) appear to be sourced from the exact same mesh (probably vanilla, but IDK), so ENB Light may be redundant for the effects piece. I'm not familiar enough with mesh requirements for ENB to say with any reliability though. The point is: scabbard or no scabbard? I also want to know what mesh is used while that sword is wielded ... loading game with MIC needed, so I'm not at a point where I can load the game in any serious way, due to the update(s).

I took the liberty of copying your response from the Dragonbone Mastery topic, because I was going cross-eyed switching back and forth between them...  And your reply is more about LBSW and ENB Light than DragonBone Mastery anyway.

I am not far along enough to check in game what mesh is used for i.e. Dawnbreaker, but a data check in MO2 tells me it is the ENB Light mesh. There are in total (including the 2 for dawnbreaker) 7 nifs overwritten by ENB Light. The other nifs are for the enchanted and bound weapons.

I tried to look up the jewel shaders in the nif, but... well... I have no idea what I was looking for, so yah. I can't comment on that part. Hope this helps a tiny bit.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2023 at 10:41 PM, z929669 said:

Linking to some findings related to ENB Light mesh conflicts.

We may consider hiding some of the ENB Light meshes where they step on other mods like Leanwolf's BSW.

Yes, I agree. BSW has ENB compatible versions. We can simply update the instructions to include their installations and tick the ENB option on the mod page.

We'd have to update the ENB Light instructions to hide conflicting meshes.