Soul Gems Differ - Full and Empty (by Utopolyst)

stoppingby4now

I guess I should stop procrastinating and actually rework M3rvin's Fomod installer to use the new directory names. Simplest solution seems to be to add a combobox that allows you to select a recommended preset' date=' then when you select it, it automatically changes the soul gem settings to the ones specified in the preset. Will also change the directory paths to use the new BAIN-compatible ones.[/quote']

That would be awesome :yes:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys

I'm going through the manual install configuration for this mod, and many  of the folders that STEP recommends installing have files with identical names. Like the common-empty has a soulgemgrand.dds, while the grand-empty also has this file.. Many of the folders repeat having identical files, and I am not sure why. Do I need to install all of those identical files or just one of them?

Hi guys

I'm going through the manual install configuration for this mod, and many  of the folders that STEP recommends installing have files with identical names. Like the common-empty has a soulgemgrand.dds, while the grand-empty also has this file.. Many of the folders repeat having identical files, and I am not sure why. Do I need to install all of those identical files or just one of them?

The file names are identical, but the file contents are different. Just use the files as indicated and trust the results.

Hi guys

The file names are identical, but the file contents are different. Just use the files as indicated and trust the results.
Reading again, I see what you are saying. Can you provide the folder numbers for those that are identical that you think should not be?

Can anyone else confirm?

I extracted the files in the current Soul Gems Differ archive and did a search for *.dds in Windows Explorer to show a flat view of the files and, in a different column, the associated folder. I found one or more cases for every soul gem type in tycol1709 folders where the texture name didn't match the folder name. For example, in folders named 212 Petty - Full - * there were 4 cases where the texture files weren't named soulgempetty_full.dds (Petty - Full - tycol1709 - Incandescent\textures\clutter , Petty - Full - tycol1709 - Bluegreen\textures\clutter , Petty - Full - tycol1709 - Blue splatter\textures\clutter ,Petty - Full - Empty - tycol1709 - Violet\textures\clutter). The only non-tycol1709 folders where I found this were in 202 Black - Full - Black (soulgemblack.dds in -with hints of dull red and in - Bloody)

I extracted the files in the current Soul Gems Differ archive and did a search for *.dds in Windows Explorer to show a flat view of the files and' date=' in a different column, the associated folder. I found one or more cases for every soul gem type in tycol1709 folders where the texture name didn't match the folder name. For example, in folders named 212 Petty - Full - * there were 4 cases where the texture files weren't named soulgempetty_full.dds (Petty - Full - tycol1709 - Incandescent\textures\clutter , Petty - Full - tycol1709 - Bluegreen\textures\clutter , Petty - Full - tycol1709 - Blue splatter\textures\clutter ,Petty - Full - Empty - tycol1709 - Violet\textures\clutter). The only non-tycol1709 folders where I found this were in 202 Black - Full - Black (soulgemblack.dds in -with hints of dull red and in - Bloody)[/quote']

Thanks for investigating. I'll fix and re-upload

EDIT: Fixed & re-uploading (thanks Rasco)

• 2 months later...

Hi there, I just installed the 2.k. Clutter/Misl section and spent the last 2hrs trying to install and patch Soul Gems Differ - Animated Weapon Enchantments. My issue, if it is one is that Wrye Bash says Soul Gems Differ-NW-E.esp is Unrecognized version. Problem? No problem?

I am only useing Wrye Bash for Bash Patching. Installing through MO.

Hi there, I just installed the 2.k. Clutter/Misl section and spent the last 2hrs trying to install and patch Soul Gems Differ - Animated Weapon Enchantments. My issue, if it is one is that Wrye Bash says Soul Gems Differ-NW-E.esp is Unrecognized version. Problem? No problem?

I am only useing Wrye Bash for Bash Patching. Installing through MO.

This won't be any problem whatsoever :)

I was going through and taking some interior shots for the Nexus page when I ran across a couple black textures from this mod:

Posted Image Posted Image

This is from Soul Gems Differ. The texture is soulgemholder.dds which looks like this when loaded in photoshop:

Posted Image

I did not DDSopt these textures. Simply using the mod as downloaded.

I was going through and taking some interior shots for the Nexus page when I ran across a couple black textures from this mod:

Posted Image Posted Image

This is from Soul Gems Differ. The texture is soulgemholder.dds which looks like this when loaded in photoshop:

Posted Image

I did not DDSopt these textures. Simply using the mod as downloaded.

I never had this problem' date=' but then again' date=' I cannot recall if I was using the holder texture from this mod O_o[/quote'']

It should install with the mod when using the STEP recommended options. I redownloaded and reinstalled the mod to make sure...and it does install by default. These were taken in Arcadia's in Whiterun if anyone wants to check it out.