Ruins Clutter Improved (by raiserfx)

TechAngel85

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The guide instructs users to install SMIM Lanterns (option checked in FOMOD), and then later on the SMIM meshes are overwritten by this mod, effectively making the SMIM meshes and textures useless. So I'm confused about the real intent. Which lanterns are actually desired: the SMIM ones or the Ruins Clutter Improved ones?

/meshes/clutter/common/candlelanternwithcandle01.nif from Vanilla > SMIM/ELFX > Ruins Clutter Improved:

20211208100214_1.thumb.jpg.be28618a285ef2e95a8ea2b983ffcb4b.jpg20211208095917_1.thumb.jpg.a328a161000eb772e036d25b206f3acb.jpg20211208100710_1.thumb.jpg.c6b462a01e12e9e948bea1217d25a1f6.jpg

Edited by Mousetick

5 hours ago, Mousetick said:

The guide instructs users to install SMIM Lanterns (option checked in FOMOD), and then later on the SMIM meshes are overwritten by this mod, effectively making the SMIM meshes and textures useless. So I'm confused about the real intent. Which lanterns are actually desired: the SMIM ones or the Ruins Clutter Improved ones?

/meshes/clutter/common/candlelanternwithcandle01.nif from Vanilla > SMIM/ELFX > Ruins Clutter Improved:

20211208100214_1.thumb.jpg.be28618a285ef2e95a8ea2b983ffcb4b.jpg20211208095917_1.thumb.jpg.a328a161000eb772e036d25b206f3acb.jpg20211208100710_1.thumb.jpg.c6b462a01e12e9e948bea1217d25a1f6.jpg

Based upon the screens (thanks for this context), we would want the RCI lanterns, so we should update that piece of the SMIM instructions (anything to reduce the number of options to tick in SMIM is great!)

SMIM install instructions updated to account for latest findings

9 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

I think that was added by mistake. We've never installed the Lanterns from SMIM.

Yeah, that FOMOD is huge, and writing the markup was probably a PITA, as is following it! I just reinstalled SMIM last night to be certain I had the correct setup, and it took me about 7 minutes and significant eye/brain strain.

On 12/8/2021 at 9:29 AM, z929669 said:

Yeah, that FOMOD is huge, and writing the markup was probably a PITA, as is following it! I just reinstalled SMIM last night to be certain I had the correct setup, and it took me about 7 minutes and significant eye/brain strain.

It is generally a pain, but I find it easier if you have two monitors. Mod Organizer with the FOMOD options on the left, browser window with the expanded FOMOD instructions on the right (or reverse if you prefer). When you're on the FOMOD step with never-ending checkboxes and radio buttons, check the first option and use tab to go to the next option. If you're in a block of radio buttons, use up/down arrows to move up or down among the options, space to select, and tab to go to the next option. I also keep the instructions more or less at the bottom of the browser window so I can Alt+Tab to the browser, scroll down a wee bit to see the next option to check, Alt+Tab back to the FOMOD.

Although it's still somewhat of a pain, I can only imagine the pain Brumbek went through to create the FOMOD installer and I'm grateful he went to all that trouble.

10 minutes ago, Greg said:

It is generally a pain, but I find it easier if you have two monitors. Mod Organizer with the FOMOD options on the left, browser window with the expanded FOMOD instructions on the right (or reverse if you prefer). When you're on the FOMOD step with never-ending checkboxes and radio buttons, check the first option and use tab to go to the next option. If you're in a block of radio buttons, use up/down arrows to move up or down among the options, space to select, and tab to go to the next option. I also keep the instructions more or less at the bottom of the browser window so I can Alt+Tab to the browser, scroll down a wee bit to see the next option to check, Alt+Tab back to the FOMOD.

Although it's still somewhat of a pain, I can only imagine the pain Brumbek went through to create the FOMOD installer and I'm grateful he went to all that trouble.

Same, but I have one huge monitor :)

• 3 weeks later...

Mod updated on Nexus.

• Version 3.2

• Added new ruinscanopicjar texture
    • Added wrburialurn01 and wrcoffin01 mesh with corrected texture path for silver decoration
    • Included falmer temple chandelier in main patch
    • Included fix for the ratway wood and ruins linen texture in the main patch
    • Improved dragonclaw mesh and fixed texture seams
    • Improved mesh and texture of Seranas coffin in the Dimhollow Crypt
    • Improved vertex lighting and texture of several soulcairn static objects (walls, stairs, lightwell)
    • Improved riekling throne mesh
    • Improved trapdoor handle
    • Improved texture and uv mapping of several woodbeams (mines, riften, ship)
    • Improved texture and uv mapping of riftenrwhallarch01grate01 and riftenrwhallsewerhole01
    • Improved riften jail door
    • Improved shipkatariahdoor mesh and texture
    • Improved texture of basic wooden plate and woodenbowl
    • Improved dwarven oil texture (original design by SRW0)
    • Slightly improved pitchfork01 mesh and texture
    • Slightly improved puzzledoor texture
    • Slightly improved ruinsconcebase01 texture
    • Slightly improved soulgemholder texture
    • Slightly improved imperial and riften wood door
    • Fixed texture seams and slightly improved the mesh of the dragonstatues
    • Fixed bright blood texture on silverware in castle Volkihar
    • Restored ruinsconce01 mesh to original design, fixed the base mesh and texture seams
  • +1 1

1 hour ago, TechAngel85 said:

I didn't notice anything from the update description that would need to be changed from our current instructions.

In looking more closely at the changes, I agree. We may need to look at the falmer temple chandelier and solcairn meshes though.

I'd say to install the loose files rather than the FOMOD

Updated instructions accordingly

8 hours ago, z929669 said:

In looking more closely at the changes, I agree. We may need to look at the falmer temple chandelier and solcairn meshes though.

I'd say to install the loose files rather than the FOMOD

Updated instructions accordingly

I agree. I didn't see any issue with those things. One soulcairn texture looks like it's mapped differently, but I suspect that comes with a change to the UV on the mesh.

Updated mod page to also install the Optional File, since it would have been installed with the FOMOD.