Skyrim SE Improved Puddles (by PCG4m3r)

TechAngel85

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/6/2021 at 8:06 AM, TechAngel85 said:

Thanks. Corrected this again.

32 minutes ago, alphaniner said:

Out of curiosity, what was corrected? I don't see any change to the entry on the guide or to the wiki page.

There was no substantive change, looks like he only explicitly called out the file name is all, so nothing has effectively changed.

On 11/6/2021 at 3:16 AM, alphaniner said:

The recommendation is to install both Miscellaneous files, but both install the exact same resource files and a different version of SkyrimImprovedPuddles-DG-HF-DB.esp.

The plugin difference is for 'full' vs "Wndhelm only". I agree that we need more clarity on this one. If ENB is being used, it makes sense to install 'full' ENB and 'full' no-ENB otherwise. It would seem that the Windhelm-specific file is not needed.

I have not looked closely at this mod, nor have I done compares, so it would seem that we need some comparison screens to decide once and for all.

On 11/8/2021 at 7:39 AM, z929669 said:

There was no substantive change, looks like he only explicitly called out the file name is all, so nothing has effectively changed.

The plugin difference is for 'full' vs "Wndhelm only". I agree that we need more clarity on this one. If ENB is being used, it makes sense to install 'full' ENB and 'full' no-ENB otherwise. It would seem that the Windhelm-specific file is not needed.

I have not looked closely at this mod, nor have I done compares, so it would seem that we need some comparison screens to decide once and for all.

Overthinking?
Do you want this mod to affect everywhere or just Windhelm?

10 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

So you only install the Main File. You skip the Misc one because it only covers Windhelm and no where else. The Full version covers everywhere (including Windhelm).

I understand that, which is what I posted above. My issue is that we are explicitly instructing to install no-ENB versions rather than mentioning both. Wondering if this is intentional or if we are letting the ENB flag guide people.

I think we should be providing clarification in these cases for consistency. For some mods we are and others we aren't (Mousetick posted about this inconsistency, which is why I am asking).

24 minutes ago, z929669 said:

I understand that, which is what I posted above. My issue is that we are explicitly instructing to install no-ENB versions rather than mentioning both. Wondering if this is intentional or if we are letting the ENB flag guide people.

I think we should be providing clarification in these cases for consistency. For some mods we are and others we aren't (Mousetick posted about this inconsistency, which is why I am asking).

That's fine to call them out specially.

I was addressing your comment: "There was no substantive change, looks like he only explicitly called out the file name is all, so nothing has effectively changed", which was incorrect. You had them installing both files. You only need to install the one. This goes into that category of making changes before you understand what is desired outcome is. There hasn't been much of this, but there has been some that had to be re-corrected.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for necro'ing but FYI the issue discussed above is still not fully addressed as of yet, and I got confused by the installation instructions (emphasis added in the quote):

No ENB (No 21-Post-Processing)

Download and install both of the Skyrim SE Improved Puddles FOMOD for Non-ENB users Miscellaneous Files (see below) and IGNORE the Main Files.

Only one Miscellaneous file should be downloaded and installed for No 21-Post-Processing: that one which is not "Windhelm ONLY".

10 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

Sorry for necro'ing but FYI the issue discussed above is still not fully addressed as of yet, and I got confused by the installation instructions (emphasis added in the quote):

Only one Miscellaneous file should be downloaded and installed for No 21-Post-Processing: that one which is not "Windhelm ONLY".

Ah. That was a separate version-specific recommendations change that was missed for 2.0.0. Fixed now.