FAR - Forgotten Argonian Roots (by redtox)

TechAngel85

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It looks like there's a FOMOD installer for this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/23322. The FOMOD has to be repackaged with FAR by the user, but I think that's less tedious than hiding files imo, and makes reinstallation/changing settings easier later on. Also, the FOMOD automatically excludes the broken specular maps mentioned by alphaniner.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As I mentioned on the FOMOD mod page for this:

I think it's silly to be using a mod that is so badly packaged in our guides and that 1) will probably never be fixed, and 2) does not have permissions that allow someone else to fix it. My guess is the author is long MIA.

I vote to drop it from our guides on principle. I personally don't mind installing it, but I'm tired of supporting it for Step.

6 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

Why exactly? Because it's slightly harder to install? Do you have an alternative in mind?

No alternative, but it just gets a lot of complaints, and has caused issues for some in the past. I think the instructions are easy enough to follow, but I am familiar with it. I'm all for finding something or a better solution though. This one is just a nag is all.

16 minutes ago, z929669 said:

No alternative, but it just gets a lot of complaints, and has caused issues for some in the past. I think the instructions are easy enough to follow, but I am familiar with it. I'm all for finding something or a better solution though. This one is just a nag is all.

I've only seen issues from newbies because they're not familiar enough with MO. To me, that says more of an issue with not knowing how to use your mod manager vs not knowing how to install the mod. I'd be fine with an alternative, but I don't agree we should be dropping mods simply because they aren't normal installations.

The author is long gone, at least in regards to this mod. They're still active, though, according to Nexus activity. I reached out to them a long time ago about making a FOMOD for the mod and never got a response.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm all for replacing this one, but there aren't really any consistent replacements. The best being: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1443

However, the female counterpart (like most body mods) doesn't cover the vanilla body, but there is at least one comment saying the vanilla underwear covers any issues from using the UNP version with vanilla (just needs to be tested).

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

It seems as though nearly 6 years after release that FAR may have received a proper FOMOD installer update.  While I will miss seeing the old 13 step (w/ 8 screenshots) install instructions in the guide, I'm sure some will welcome this change.

Edited by Yirmeyahu

1 hour ago, Yirmeyahu said:

It seems as though nearly 6 years after release that FAR may have received a proper FOMOD installer update.  While I will miss seeing the old 13 step (w/ 8 screenshots) install instructions in the guide, I'm sure some will welcome this change.

Look at that...miracles do happen. :angel: :laugh: