Unique Region Names (by Thingy Person)

blacksol

Unique Region Names changes the name of outdoor areas from the generic term Skyrim to a region name based on the holds, the minor hold capitals, and the Sea of Ghosts. For various reasons, the region names are roughly but not exactly the same as the ones on the Skyrim map. There are no known conflicts between this mod and other mods.

Unique Region Names - Dragonborn is also available for regions in Solstheim. It uses regions based on Skyrim weather areas, and will likely have some conflicts with weather mods. It has a one conflict with the STEP mod Wet and Cold - Ashes; if you use this addon mod I suggest having it before Wet and Cold - Ashes in load order.

Unique Region Names does not use weather information (version 4 of the mod did but it was withdrawn), and there are no conflicts with CoT or any other mod that I run (I checked with TES5Edit).

The separate Dragonborn addon mod, however, does use weather information and there are conflicts between this addon and most weather mods including CoT and Wet and Cold - Ashes. It is possible to build a patch to fix this. I haven't looked yet at whether this addon could be changed to use the same approach as the main mod thus eliminating conflicts.

Simple solution for the time being is to not use the Dragonborn addon as it's not that big of a deal to skip it. I'll personally be using CoT with RLO on my actual play-throughs when I'm not testing for STEP.

That's also what I suggest for STEP. I've made a small patch for my game to handle the incompatibilities since there are only a few regions in Solstheim, but a patch like this depends on which combination of weather mods is being used.

Notes need to be updated saying "NOT" to use the Dragonborn addon if you're also using CoT! These mods conflict and CoT is a popular enough mod the note won't be wasted. This is also help eliminate future troubleshooting of this in the Troubleshoot thread.

This is a slippery slope and I would think the STEP team will get a lot of unneeded extra work on their plate if STEP needs to be checked against 'popular enough mods'. It's already more then enough work to make sure there is compatability between mods that are in STEP.