Unique Region Names (by Thingy Person)

blacksol

UNR Dragonborn is a independent program that assigns region names in Solstheim based on the regions used by weather programs. It's load order, and that of the associated CoT patch, is not affected by the main Unique Regions program. Unique Region Names is loaded late so the changes it makes to region/location names are not overwritten by programs like Sounds of Skyrim and Birds HF Clean. Of course, any patches like the Merge Patch from TES5Edit, or patches that fix the Hearthfire location names (to fix the unfortunate absence of the regions names for the 3 Hearthfire homes) and any other region/location name changes from Dawnguard not fixed in the Dawnguard version of UNR, need to load after the UNR plugin.

I did some TES5 conflict editing for UNR and my mod list.

Discovered that there are dozens of conflicts with RealisticWaterTwo.esp, where UNR overrides the XCWT - Water Records from RealisticWaterTwo.esp with empty or differing records. Could this be an issue for the proper functioning of Realistic Water Two?

For example:

RealisticWaterTwo.esp > Worldspace > 0000003C > 00007040 Cell. In RealisticWaterTwo.esp, the value is: _WTRPondWaterNE [WATR:8E0048D3]. This is however overridden by an empty value from Unique Region Names.esp.

I tried to look up in UESP what the XCWT record does, but I can;t find detailed info. All I could find was https://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes5Mod:Mod_File_Format/CELL

A number of mods edit worldspace records and since the Skyrim engine uses only the last loaded record, a number of mods that added unique/different subrecord content lose some of edits they made. Unfortunately the TES5Edit Merge Patch doesn't fix worldspace records. Even without UNR present a patch is usually needed to add back content added by various mods that gets overwritten, and the patch needs to be built manually (although the conflict filter in TES5Edit can be useful in identifying these records). I don't know of any simple solution; you'll need to build a patch that includes any subrecords from RWT (and other mods) that are get eliminated.

I use WATER which doesn't have this particular conflict, but even for me there are issues with the Sounds of Skyrim mods, Birds HF Clean, USKP, DLC esm plugins, and some other mods .

Nice explanation. I'm surely gonna look at more mods with TES5Edit now.

I don't mind making patches myself, so I'll start working on UNR - RWT2 Compatibility. While I can make up what most of the fields do, from the FNVEdit manual and the resources at UESP, I just have no idea to what extent it is necessary to build this patch.

If UNR has an empty record and RWT2 has a filled record (in any field), and a patch is made with the values of RWT2, will this negatively impact the functioning of UNR? I'd say it should not since the field was empty in the first place and therefore UNR does ntohing with the value in that field. Is this line of reasoning correct?

• +1 1