Step SkyrimSE Patches (by Step Modifications)

TechAngel85

• 11 months later...

Is Relationship Dialogue Overhaul really needed as a master for the "Step Skyrim SE - CR Patch"?
If you run xedit 'Clean Masters' on the STEP patch, RDO is removed as a master, since the STEP patch does not reference any RDO records.

One complication is that RDO injects one record (Global a_RDOBlockRivalServices [GLOB:01C68A9C]) into Update.esm, and the STEP patch references that record. But I think you can copy that one record into the STEP patch, and then safely remove RDO as a master for the STEP Patch.

Am I understanding things correctly, or is there something I am overlooking?

• 4 months later...

I noticed that in my game the mod "NPC AI Process Position Fix - SSE" did not seem to be doing much - after I sleep for the night the NPCs are still in the inn the next morning.

STEP Skyrim SE Patches includes the file SKSE/Plugins/MaxsuAIProcessFixFiles/AIProcessFixModPatch.ini, which is needed by "NPC AI Process Position Fix - SSE" if you are using "Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul SE" . But if you are using "AI Overhaul SSE" (as STEP does), it is fully compatible with "NPC AI Process Position Fix - SSE" (as stated on the mod page), and the AIProcessFixModPatch.ini file is not needed.

9 minutes ago, kabepo said:

I noticed that in my game the mod "NPC AI Process Position Fix - SSE" did not seem to be doing much - after I sleep for the night the NPCs are still in the inn the next morning.

STEP Skyrim SE Patches includes the file SKSE/Plugins/MaxsuAIProcessFixFiles/AIProcessFixModPatch.ini, which is needed by "NPC AI Process Position Fix - SSE" if you are using "Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul SE" . But if you are using "AI Overhaul SSE" (as STEP does), it is fully compatible with "NPC AI Process Position Fix - SSE" (as stated on the mod page), and the AIProcessFixModPatch.ini file is not needed.

I'm not sure if the version of that mod that was available when we constructed the current guide and if it was fully compatible with AI Overhaul at the time. There could be other reasons why @TechAngel85 added the compatibility INI to the patch.

Either way, I suspect this will not harm anything, but you can obviously disable the compatibility INI if you want to verify it fixes your issue. Please post back to confirm if that's the case, and we'll then have a good reason to remove it.

I did some testing at the Whiterun Bannered Mare. It's tricky counting number of NPCs as they are continually are moving around, entering and leaving the inn.

For each test profile :
I start a new game
I arrive at the Bannered Mare at 8 pm, wait till about 8:20 for NPC to arrive, then sleep 12 hours, then go to the exit and count the NPCs leaving at 8:20 am.

Test MO2 profile : vanilla Skyrim, with USSEP (no STEP Guide, no NPC AI Process Fix mod)
7 NPC exit the Bannered Mare
6 NPC remain in Bannered Mare

Test MO2 profile : STEP Guide, with STEP patch, and "NPC AI Process Fix" mod
3 NPC exit the Bannered Mare
5 NPC remain in Bannered Mare

Test MO2 profile : STEP Guide, with STEP patch, and "NPC AI Process Fix" mod, and .ini file hidden
2 NPC exit the Bannered Mare
6 NPC remain in Bannered Mare

In vanilla Skyrim 7 NPCs exit the Bannered Mare when you wake up in the morning. These are the potential NPCs that the "NPC AI Process Fix" mod can remove from the inn, if their Packages say they should be somewhere else.
With the "NPC AI Process Fix" mod, with or without the .ini 'patch', 2-3 NPCs (reduced from 7) exit the Whiterun inn, so the mod has successfully removed some NPCs.

My conclusions
1. The "NPC AI Process Fix" mod removes some, but not all, of the NPCs who will exit the inn.
2. The .ini file does nothing when "AI Overhaul SSE" is installed, so it is not needed.

• Like 1

Agree with your conclusions ... so the INI in the Step patch is neither a gain or a loss, but redundant.

Interesting that we have 13 NPCs total without Step/Step patch/mod and 8 total with in both cases. This may indicate that the mod/Step/Step patch prevents 5 NPCs from coming to the inn at all during your testing time frame.

3 hours ago, z929669 said:

Interesting that we have 13 NPCs total without Step/Step patch/mod and 8 total with in both cases. This may indicate that the mod/Step/Step patch prevents 5 NPCs from coming to the inn at all during your testing time frame.

Remember in vanilla all NPC just go to the local inn, however, adding in any mod that changes this behavior (AI Overhaul) will throw off the compare. AI Overhaul has likely changed where some of the NPCs go so the inns aren't overcrowded, like in vanilla.

15 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

Remember in vanilla all NPC just go to the local inn, however, adding in any mod that changes this behavior (AI Overhaul) will throw off the compare. AI Overhaul has likely changed where some of the NPCs go so the inns aren't overcrowded, like in vanilla.

Ahh, makes perfect sense. Virtually earmarked to remove the unneeded config file from the CR Patch mod.

• 1 month later...

I may be missing out on something but I was rebuilding my new Skyrim SE playthrough following the latest Skyrim SE Step (version 1.0.0) and I noticed that in 20-Patches there is only the Step SkyrimSE LW Patch and not the Step SkyrimSE Guide - Conflict Resolution Patch v1.0.0.

Does this mean that the Step SkyrimSE Guide - Conflict Resolution Patch v1.0.0 is no longer needed?

Thak you very much for any help.

20 minutes ago, Thryann said:

I may be missing out on something but I was rebuilding my new Skyrim SE playthrough following the latest Skyrim SE Step (version 1.0.0) and I noticed that in 20-Patches there is only the Step SkyrimSE LW Patch and not the Step SkyrimSE Guide - Conflict Resolution Patch v1.0.0.

Does this mean that the Step SkyrimSE Guide - Conflict Resolution Patch v1.0.0 is no longer needed?

Thak you very much for any help.

No, it's still needed but not showing on the mod list for some reason. I will invoke a refresh of the data to try to resolve. In the meantime, just follow the mod instructions: https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimSE:Step_SkyrimSE_CR_Patch