STEP SE Core Beta - Official Bug Reports

TechAngel85

xLODGen was dropped at the last minute cause of an issue and then made not a priority due to the addition of Landscapes - Cathedral Concept. It will be revisited at some point so the installing of it was left it.

Not sure about Frostmere Crypt. I've ran through it and didn't have any issues. I ran around the exterior and didn't see any issues either.

Thank you for looking into the terrain issue.  I ended up creating a new profile and installing just the guide mods in accordance with the guide.  I'm still having the problem.  I'm missing exterior terrain beginning at the area beneath Frostmere Crypt through the Hall of the Vigilant.  I checked xEdit and I'm not seeing any mods affecting those areas that I think would result in such a problem (Dyndolod and USLEEP).  I also checked the game I was playing pre-guide (same masters) and it does not have this problem.  I'm not trying to make this a big issue - it's just something I noticed and can obviously avoid.  If I find out what is causing it, I'll update this. 

Not really bugs but I'd like to chime in that there could be clarification on how to use the Wrye Bash -o tag. Can't for the life of me figure out how we are to type in the path. I've tried all of the following, including reletive and specific paths and nothing seems to work.

-o "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\SkyrimSE.exe"

-o <D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\SkyrimSE.exe>

-o \Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\

I ended up just getting frustrated and just cutting the whole \MOPY\ diretory out of \Modding\ and pasting it into the \Skyrim Special Edition\ directory to solve the issue.

Also, I'd like to second the earlier mention of adding to the Dyndolod instructions to make sure people actually select a worldspace. This seems obvious, but the guide is so detailed in other areas that one is now following the guide so closely, that this is now easy to miss. At first I did fire off LOD generation without selecting anything, the second time I just selected the tamriel worldspace, only to generate LOD a third time selecting everything as that made the most sense. Otherewise, the guide is shaping up to be very noob friendly.

In the drop down instructions for standard tree lod generation, it is not mentioned that you need to select all worlds in the DynDOLOD advanced menu.

Thanks! Got it fixed for both sets of instructions.

I am confused. Is there any reason there are no instructions given to convert LE meshes for SE?

For the simple fact it's not needed. It's been a common misperception that meshes need to be converted. As an author and modder, I can tell you that simply isn't true. 99% of mods that are just meshes and textures from LE will simply work on SE without issue. There are some meshes that will actually break if ran through converters (i.e., RWT's meshes). Unless an issue is found, there is no cause for concern. So far I've discovered no issues.

Not really bugs but I'd like to chime in that there could be clarification on how to use the Wrye Bash -o tag. Can't for the life of me figure out how we are to type in the path. I've tried all of the following, including reletive and specific paths and nothing seems to work.

-o "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\SkyrimSE.exe"

-o

-o \Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\

I ended up just getting frustrated and just cutting the whole \MOPY\ diretory out of \Modding\ and pasting it into the \Skyrim Special Edition\ directory to solve the issue.

Also, I'd like to second the earlier mention of adding to the Dyndolod instructions to make sure people actually select a worldspace. This seems obvious, but the guide is so detailed in other areas that one is now following the guide so closely, that this is now easy to miss. At first I did fire off LOD generation without selecting anything, the second time I just selected the tamriel worldspace, only to generate LOD a third time selecting everything as that made the most sense. Otherewise, the guide is shaping up to be very noob friendly.

It should be: -o "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition"

I've updated the table with an example.

1. The instructions to install DynDOLOD Resources SE mention sorting with LOOT and DynDOLOD.esp however, DynDOLOD Resources SE doesn't include .esp file and DynDOLOD.esp is generated later as part of the DynDOLOD output.

2. In the 'Tool Setup Table' TexGen64.exe appears from nowhere. It is not clear where it comes from. A note is needed that it comes with DynDOLOD. I completely missed it and realised at the end when needed to use the tool.

3. I have gone through the guide and there are 10-20 wording errors and incorrect order of FOMOD selections. If you are interested in those I can provide a list.

fantastic work btw.

• +1 1

1. The instructions to install DynDOLOD Resources SE mention sorting with LOOT and DynDOLOD.esp however, DynDOLOD Resources SE doesn't include .esp file and DynDOLOD.esp is generated later as part of the DynDOLOD output.

2. In the 'Tool Setup Table' TexGen64.exe appears from nowhere. It is not clear where it comes from. A note is needed that it comes with DynDOLOD. I completely missed it and realised at the end when needed to use the tool.

3. I have gone through the guide and there are 10-20 wording errors and incorrect order of FOMOD selections. If you are interested in those I can provide a list.

fantastic work btw.

I've taken care of #1 and #2. If you want to post the FOMODs that are off I'll see to them, as well. Thanks for your post!

There was an update for Embers HD so I went to check the guide to make sure of the install instructions and noticed that all the content from each section of the publilshed STEP Core 0.1.0b Guide has been deleted. Each section just has the following message. "No mods are currently defined in this section within the Wiki." I've noted the slight version change. Maybe this is still in the process of being put back up. In the meantime, does anyone remember the install instructions for Embers HD. is it the 2k textures?

Edited by evmiller

There was an update for Embers HD so I went to check the guide to make sure of the install instructions and noticed that all the content from each section of the publilshed STEP Core 0.1.0b Guide has been deleted. Each section just has the following message. "No mods are currently defined in this section within the Wiki." I've noted the slight version change. Maybe this is still in the process of being put back up. In the meantime, does anyone remember the install instructions for Embers HD. is it the 2k textures?

I should have that fixed. 

Skyrim is looking better than ever.  Thanks for the simplified Cleaning instructions and DynDOLOD instructions.  Also the compatibility patches make mod installation much easier.  Thanks for everybody's work.

Are SSEedit and xEdit the same thing?   The guide still references xEdit and xEdit64 several places.  Same with SSELODgen/xLODgen (although they're not used).

Quite a few of the non-FOMOD mods need to have Set data directory done (according to Mod Organizer), so I always do a Manual install check.

Some of the FOMOD Detailed instructions don't seem to quite match the mods (or have minor typos) -

SMIM(SE) doesn't have Merged Plugin Special Edition Forced Install option which appears in instructions.

XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended doesn't have First Person Animation Bow option which appears in instructions.

Dragonbone Mastery doesn't have Page 3 Horse Textures which appears in instructions.

DROPS (SE) has DROPS - Alternative Textures, while instructions has SROPS - Alternative Textures.

Embers HD (SE) has Embers HD Add-0n Components Lava Crater Add-on, while instructions have Lave Crater Add-on.

High Quality Food and Ingredients SE has Pick and Choose Raw Beef, while instructions have Raw Beer.  (If the item is not listed in the instructions, then it should not be checked?       like Cabbage and Goat Cheese should not be checked because of some conflict?)

Skyrim SE Skill Interface Re-Texture Dawnguard Moons and Stars has HD Vanilla Moon and Vanilla Stars, while instructions have HD Vanilla Mood and Vanilla Stars.

Install DynDOLOD Resources SE instructions list Solidtude and Hrogthar, instead of Solitude and Hrothgar.

Back to Tamriel --

Edited by MrPlow09

xEdit and SSEEdit are the same thing. xEdit is available for most of Bethesda's games so it's easier to say xEdit than to reference the specific name for each game (FNVEdit, FO3Edit, FO4Edit, TESVEdit, SSEEdit, etc.).

Quite a few of the non-FOMOD mods need to have Set data directory done (according to Mod Organizer), so I always do a Manual install check.

Some of the FOMOD Detailed instructions don't seem to quite match the mods (or have minor typos) -

SMIM(SE) doesn't have Merged Plugin Special Edition Forced Install option which appears in instructions.

High Quality Food and Ingredients SE ....  (If the item is not listed in the instructions, then it should not be checked?       like Cabbage and Goat Cheese should not be checked because of some conflict?)

I've taken care of most of that. Thank you for the report!

If SMIM doesn't present you with that final page, then you've missed something or deviated from the instructions.

If something isn't listed in a list like that on FOMOD instructions, then skip the selections. In the case of High Quality Food and Ingredients, certain options are skipped in favor of better textures from other mods.