STEP SE Core Beta - Official Bug Reports

TechAngel85

Skyrim Realistic Overhaul causes shiny grass on a number of the rock piles scattered around Whiterun.

b7yGg0PGKhvlvTP3Igi19HgHOJ6ZB2o1sjvuIccN

Hiding the offending Normal Map fixes the problem.

s2g8xqRlVqxiPdExmTJQsvN8kpojnpmP3J7f2wL8

As you can see, removing the normal reverts the game to use the vanilla normal, which removes the awful shine.  There are no obvious oddities caused by mixing the SRO texture with the Vanilla normal map texture and they seem to blend well together.  After I A/B the images show that the grass seems to lose some bumpiness, but that might be do the the sun light changing positions between the two images.  It's not a huge loss regardless.  Better they be a little flat than look like the grass is covered in oil.  An easy fix.

The texture is found in in your Skyrim Realistic Overhaul mod; "textures/architecture/whiterun/wrfieldgrass01_n.dds".  Right-click and HIDE.

Edited by theicedevil

About AOS - there is SKSE plugin which is incompatible with new versions of SKSE and needs to be deleted / hidden. Also, LOOT reports 6 ITM records which may need cleaning.

The function of this plugin has been fully ported over into Engine Fixes, so it is not needed.  The SKSE folder in AOS should simply be deleted.

The function of this plugin has been fully ported over into Engine Fixes, so it is not needed.  The SKSE folder in AOS should simply be deleted.

So it is. I've updated the instructions. Thanks!

Skyrim Realistic Overhaul causes shiny grass on a number of the rock piles scattered around Whiterun.

You can't use Google with the Image button on the tool. You'll have to use a service that has actual links and not encoded ones like Google.

https://postimages.org/ or https://imgur.com/

I just decided to switch from LE to SE and start with the STEP guide.

From the first "Tools" section: Mod Organizer 2 includes LOOT, there is no need to install it separately

I think the name changes for directories (from SSEEdit to xEdit) are very counter intuitive, because I will NEVER remember that I installed SSEEdit in that folder, for possible updates.

Next: In the Tool Setup section, you describe the way how to add a new executable to MO, MO2 has a much cooler way to do that, just use the dropdown list for executables, click <Edit...>, in the next window click on the little + icon and select "Add from file...". The title field is filled automagically. Click "apply" and do it again for all other mods.

Create a new empty mod (click on the wench and screwedriver icon and select "create empty mod") named "Bashed Patch" before anything, and select that Wrye Bash should create the bashed patch directly in that folder, not using the overwrites.

Next: in the Standard Cleaning Procedures, add that the files should be cleaned in the order the masters are supposed to be loaded, that makes it MUCH easier to use the CK eventually. It still loads the files according to filetime.

Next: in the Standard Cleaning Procedures, add that the files should be cleaned in the order the masters are supposed to be loaded, that makes it MUCH easier to use the CK eventually. It still loads the files according to filetime.

There is also no harm in having a single mod, e.g. Cleaned Masters, containing all cleaned ESM files.

Next: Wrye Bash doesn't need any arguments. It will ask on first run which game it is for.

Next: "For Instance users the profile will be stored in the user's AppData folder (i.e. C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\SkyrimSE\profiles)"

Meaning? There is no folder like that. The profiles are always in the folder Mod Organizer 2\profiles\

Next: Under Legend there is a point "DLC Required". That is obsolete, as Skyrim SE contains all DLCs

Next: STEP Patches Requirements points to the Skyrim LE page.

That's all for now

From the first "Tools" section: Mod Organizer 2 includes LOOT, there is no need to install it separately

Since when does MO2 include loot installed?

There is also no harm in having a single mod, e.g. Cleaned Masters, containing all cleaned ESM files.

But why? There is no good reason for this as far as i know.

I think the name changes for directories (from SSEEdit to xEdit) are very counter intuitive, because I will NEVER remember that I installed SSEEdit in that folder, for possible updates.

Next: In the Tool Setup section, you describe the way how to add a new executable to MO, MO2 has a much cooler way to do that, just use the dropdown list for executables, click <Edit...>, in the next window click on the little + icon and select "Add from file...". The title field is filled automagically. Click "apply" and do it again for all other mods.

Create a new empty mod (click on the wench and screwedriver icon and select "create empty mod") named "Bashed Patch" before anything, and select that Wrye Bash should create the bashed patch directly in that folder, not using the overwrites.

Where did you download your version of Mod Organizer 2?  Yours appears to have many more features than my version.

But why? There is no good reason for this as far as i know.

But there is. Since you don't need the original esm files anymore, you can just put the modified ones in one folder and forget about them. There is no need fiddling around with them at all. And it saves a lot of time :)

Since when does MO2 include loot installed?

If you don't believe me, just download it

mo2standalonexok3m.jpg

Edited by aragonit

From the first "Tools" section: Mod Organizer 2 includes LOOT, there is no need to install it separately.

Mod Organizer includes a subset of LOOT that allows you to sort plugins into the correct order. The caveat here is that this is not the full LOOT application and the components bundled in Mod Organizer may be from an older version of LOOT.

Next: "For Instance users the profile will be stored in the user's AppData folder (i.e. C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\SkyrimSE\profiles)"

Meaning? There is no folder like that. The profiles are always in the folder Mod Organizer 2\profiles\

The mods are stored in ModOrganizer\mods if you install Mod Organizer 2 in portable mode. If you install Mod Organizer 2 in instance mode, the mods are stored in the user's AppData folder.

New bug:
Installing Bellyaches Animal and Creature Pack -

There are no "brown normal" Werewolf eyes.

The guide states to select the mangy dark gray skeever but the healty white.

In the setup Bellyache writes explicitely:

Replaces the DEFAULT GREY SKEEVER with my mangy dark grey skeever. If you choose a mangy skeever skin to replace the default grey skeever, be sure to choose a mangy skeever skin for the default white skeever, too. The normal maps are different between healthy and mangy skeevers, and there is only one normal map that is shared between them. If you want the default mangy grey skeever, do not check any boxes in this section.

Edited by aragonit