Game quickly reverting between new and old LOD

rokas2260

Question

Hi!

New to this forum, and new to the whole LOD thing. I've created my own lod on my massive mod pack of over 300 mods. I had some problems with everything but nothing I couldn't solve.. However I ran into a problem as I started a new game that I can't solve haha.

So basically the LOD is weirdly reverting between the defaul extremely low resolution lod to the very high detailed LOD that I put up. So far it only seemed to happen on stone walls but nothing else.

I'm not sure why this happens so that's why I'm here to ask the community !

4 answers to this question

What you are describing is technically impossible. The game can not alternate between *.btos with the same filename. The game loads the winning files and uses them.

It sounds that LOD models and full models show at the same time. Check the answers in the FAQ: Game: Out of place objects / floating objects / flickering full models.

If that does not help make a post that shows what is happening.

It technically looks impossible, but it does look more of a flickering issue.. 

I just tried to fully redo the creation of LOD hopefully more stable due to management of mods and their rules I had set in prior.

However it had no effect in the outcome, so I made a couple of photos to help you see what I'm getting at!

https://imgur.com/a/X9C1EEz

I was ruling out some possibilities on FAQ, the only thing I haven't tried is getting further into the game. I'll update within 13h if I managed to fix it, if not then I'm still at a dead end with this.

FAQ: Game: Out of place objects / floating objects / flickering full models 

A: Game engine limitation. If the game enables objects that have static object LOD, the entire static object LOD for a cell may briefly show with the full models at the same time. Since now more objects have LOD this might be more obvious than before, especially while playing the intro. Consider installing the generated LOD mod after completing the intro. 

• +1 1

It worked out, I once again redid the LOD (Because I wanted to regarding the textures I wanted) and I tried to install it after the intro sequence. Honestly everything looks just so unbelievably good.. on max lod with 60 fps.. Thanks for the help tho !