STEP SE Core/Extended Future Plans

D1Z4STR

Good day and Happy New Year,

Will Step SE Core add further mods in the various categories, STEP SE Extended or will STEP SE Packs become a thing again with this new release? Thanks again on the release.

Further mods will be added as they are found. These mods have to stick to our Mandate, but as long as they do and they're good mods, then they can be added. Mod suggestions can be added to the SE Mods forum.

There currently aren't any plans for an official SE Extended Guide, however, I have my own personal Guide that is similar to a STEP SE Extended. I do include mods that would be considered to be beyond the STEP Mandate's scope, though. My guide will be available when the rest of STEP 3.0 releases.

"Packs" are no longer a thing, as they existed on the wiki. The original idea for Packs were to have a Core Guide and then a Pack would simply sit on top of it, sort of like a software add-on. This wasn't really practical, though, due to the natural of modding. I'm now referring to the Packs as "Builds" (this vergage is not set in stone), and there is a small teaser about them at the end of the Guide. Specifically it says,

STEP Builds are user-created guides that use one of the STEP Core mod lists as a foundation to their own mod list within their guide. If a STEP Build adheres to our guidelines, it can be considered as a candidate for being hosted on the STEP 3.0 website. An example of a STEP Build will be provided with the release of STEP 3.0 in the form of Tech's Skyrim Special Edition Guide. Be certain to read the STEP Builds documentation when it becomes available.

Therefore, STEP Builds use a Core mod list as Packs did, however, the way they are built is up to the user. We haven't fleshed out the Guidelines yet for what will and will not be considered a STEP Build, but it's safe to say that one of the requirements will be that at least a certain percentage of the Core mod list must remain intact. For example, my Guide uses over 90% of the mods in the STEP SE Core mod list so it's okay. However, if a user copied the STEP SE Core mod list and only 40% of the mods remained once their Build is complete, then this wouldn't qualify. Qualifying Builds will have the opportunity to be maintain on our STEP 3.0 website; using the same structure we have in place and use for the building and maintaining the STEP Guides, which has never been available to the public before.