Auto Unequip Ammo (by Alek)

stoppingby4now

• 2 years later...

Has anyone else noticed this mod changing ammo behind your back without your knowledge even if equip sets are disabled? Here's the scenario:

• I am equipping a long bow with iron arrows
  • I go into inventory to equip a sword and exit the inventory
  • I go into inventory to equip a long bow with steel arrows and exit the inventory
  • I go back into inventory and see that I am equipping a long bow with iron arrows

Normally this is the desired behavior, but it can make equipping better arrows a pain because I have to equip the arrows twice.

Has anyone else noticed this mod changing ammo behind your back without your knowledge even if equip sets are disabled? Here's the scenario:

• I am equipping a long bow with iron arrows
  • I go into inventory to equip a sword and exit the inventory
  • I go into inventory to equip a long bow with steel arrows and exit the inventory
  • I go back into inventory and see that I am equipping a long bow with iron arrows

Normally this is the desired behavior, but it can make equipping better arrows a pain because I have to equip the arrows twice.

I noticed this behavior on my last game but never thought it to be this mod, because I never enabled the feature. My next game will be an archer again since I never got to finish my last one so I'll keep an eye out for this happening again.

No, I cannot say it is this mod. I just noticed it happening a few times in this playthrough so I thought I would post to see if anyone else has noticed it. All I can say is that it's not equip sets because I haven't touched this setting at all.

No, I cannot say it is this mod. I just noticed it happening a few times in this playthrough so I thought I would post to see if anyone else has noticed it. All I can say is that it's not equip sets because I haven't touched this setting at all.

Nor have I, but if that feature is somehow being enabled due to an error in coding or something similar, then it could still be this mod. It's simply a possibility atm, but more investigation is definitely needed if three of the staff has noticed this behavior.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Following up on this...

From the mod page on Equip Sets:

"Mod is basically learning which ammo you prefer to use with each weapon so you don't have to swap ammo manually each time you use different bow or crossbow."

That sounds exactly like was is being described. You use a specific arrow for so long with a specific bow and the mod learns that you "like" this combination. You find better arrows and switch to them only to get into melee combat forcing you to switch to your melee weapon. When the fight is over and you switch back to your bow, the wrong ammo is equipped because the mod thinks you prefer the weaker ammo since you used it for some time in combination with that bow. This scenario is basically what is happening and sound like that feature is running; however, it shouldn't be running if the setting is off. The best way to test this is to put a debug message in the script to see if it is running and processing when it's not being told to.

The MCM menu doesn't seem to fit the options listed on the Wiki, I checked "Follower Addon" anyway, hopefully that should do the trick.

Yes, you're fine.