Skyrim Landscape and Water Fixes (by Wizkid34)

D1Z4STR

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to try this mod but I don't know enough about ESP (standard 255 plugin limit), ESL-flagged (light master), and ESM-flagged (master) plugins.  Which type of plugin do you recommend installing alongside the STEP SE Core guide?  I'm thinking ESL according to the description in the installer but that's just an uneducated guess.

Edited by Kattmandu

The mod author claims that the ESM version is especially suitable for all those who use mods that drastically change the Skyrim landscape.  I don't think the STEP guide drastically changes it like The Northern Experience guide does.  Also, The Northern Experience has you install Skyrim Landscape and Water Fixes before SMIM.  The mod author of SLaWF says to overwrite SMIM with his mod.

Edited by Kattmandu

• 3 months later...

The recent update for this mod includes some undocumented gameplay changes, such as setting ownership on all crops so that they can no longer be harvested, only stolen. This seems like a reasonable change, but I thought I'd point it out because it doesn't appear to be listed in the changelog (or anywhere else) and it sort of breaks the quests to help farmers harvest their crops. Also I'm not sure how many more of these gameplay changes there are (if any) because they do not appear to be listed anywhere.

The recent update for this mod includes some undocumented gameplay changes, such as setting ownership on all crops so that they can no longer be harvested, only stolen. This seems like a reasonable change, but I thought I'd point it out because it doesn't appear to be listed in the changelog (or anywhere else) and it sort of breaks the quests to help farmers harvest their crops. Also I'm not sure how many more of these gameplay changes there are (if any) because they do not appear to be listed anywhere.

Looks like I need to crawl through this mod or just drop it. I seriously dislike authors jumping out of bounds of the scopes their mods imply. I fully agree will all the users that the name of the mod is misleading. It wouldn't be so bad if the all changes were documented, but doesn't seem they are... that's two of my biggest pet peeves with authors checked because those things make it very hard, not just for modders, but guide authors to make informed decisions about mod installations.  :ermm:

• 1 month later...

Okay. So I've check into what the changes are have made a few suggestions to the author. The mod will likely be removed, depending on what the author decides to do. I like the concept, but it's current implementation breaks vanilla behavior and intentions.

It seemed like the mod author was initially receptive to the idea of separating his quest changes, but he has since ultimately decided against it and has further clarified that this mod is no longer just landscape and water fixes but rather an all-in-one fix for whatever he considers a error. Given that the mod author isn't even documenting all of these "fixes" that get added, and is now responding with hostility to any user that requests a separate mod for just landscape and water fixes, I would say I agree that this mod should be removed.

• +1 1

It seemed like the mod author was initially receptive to the idea of separating his quest changes, but he has since ultimately decided against it and has further clarified that this mod is no longer just landscape and water fixes but rather an all-in-one fix for whatever he considers a error. Given that the mod author isn't even documenting all of these "fixes" that get added, and is now responding with hostility to any user that requests a separate mod for just landscape and water fixes, I would say I agree that this mod should be removed.

Thanks for the input. I still haven't decided myself. I just got all my stuff updated and started a new game today to see some of the changes myself. I know the changelog says he's integrated the farmer's quest better and I want to see that in action before I make up my mind.

I agree that it's very annoying he's not documenting all of his changes. Power users, and most avid modders, want to know what you're doing to their game. Sad fact is most users on Nexus aren't "avid modders". They're mostly noobs from my experience with them on the mods I manage.

• 5 months later...

Just noticed that LOOT started to showing a warning

You seem to be using Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul, but you have not enabled a compatibility patch for this mod. A compatibility patch is included with this plugin's installer.

while in the FOMOD instructions for Skyrim Landscape and Water Fixes we are not selecting CACO compatibility patch. So should we reinstall Skyrim Landscape and Water Fixes with CACO enabled or disregard LOOT message?

Just noticed that LOOT started to showing a warning

You seem to be using Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul, but you have not enabled a compatibility patch for this mod. A compatibility patch is included with this plugin's installer.

while in the FOMOD instructions for Skyrim Landscape and Water Fixes we are not selecting CACO compatibility patch. So should we reinstall Skyrim Landscape and Water Fixes with CACO enabled or disregard LOOT message?

I believe I used to have something on the Guide saying that you can ignore this stuff because the STEP Patches will cover it....either in the LOOT section, the STEP Patches section (this section seems shorter than I remember and at least one sentence doesn't make sense so I know it was edited), or within the notice at the top of the mod list. It must have been deleted during an edit a while back, either on purpose or accident. I certainly don't remember removing it.

I'm not going to fix any edits that weren't discussed as other members may have had their reasons. My reason for it being there was for users like yourself and to cut down on these support questions. Suffice to say, you should ignore stuff like that from LOOT...when only using the STEP Guide. For any mods outside the Guide, you should at least look into the report. But take LOOT's suggestions with a grain of salt because they are notorious at leaving in outdated information about mod compatibility and don't take into account a user's own CR Patches.

• 9 months later...