No Lockpick Activate (SKSE) - Updated (by lStewieAl/Umgak)

D1Z4STR

• 3 months later...

What is the purpose of this mod? I've been using it throughout my most recent playthrough and in practice it seems to only cause me to activate every locked door/chest twice instead of once. I assume there must be a situation in which I would want to unlock a chest/door and then not open it?

What is the purpose of this mod? I've been using it throughout my most recent playthrough and in practice it seems to only cause me to activate every locked door/chest twice instead of once. I assume there must be a situation in which I would want to unlock a chest/door and then not open it?

Certain play styles may not want this to happen. There are also situations where auto opening doors will get you killed or a bounty. I haven't really gotten to play much with it so I haven't really passed much judgement on it yet. I'm currently resetting up my system from installing some upgrades.

• 1 year later...

I think there is an MCM option in Lock Overhaul that can replace this mod, maybe drop this mod for people who don't want it and add instructions to enable it optionally in Step 6?

Or make it optional like Mercury71 mentioned.

Edited by LittleGuy

59 minutes ago, LittleGuy said:

I think there is an MCM option in Lock Overhaul that can replace this mod, maybe drop this mod for people who don't want it and add instructions to enable it optionally in Step 6?

Or make it optional like Mercury71 mentioned.

Is there? I hardly ever use that mod but to turn on the ability to break locks with a weapon...because that seems logical.

• 11 months later...