Photo

Recommended STEP guide version for Skyrim LE?

skyrim step guide

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cbode1

Cbode1

Watcher

• Citizen
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 06:21 PM

This is a question about recent changes in the STEP guide format, and the content featured within. I realize this may be a dumb question, but after reading and re-reading the introduction and changelog to STEP 3.0.0 I'm still not entirely sure if STEP 3.0.0 is intended for both Skyrim SE and Skyrim LE users, or just those playing Special Edition (the latter seems to be the case, but it didn't seem right that step would stop updating their LE guides). Should LE players like myself refer to the STEP 2.10.0 guide, or use the newer 3.0.0 guide?

#2 Edorion

Edorion

Citizen

• Citizen
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 09:05 AM

Right now the 2.10.0 guide is the latest for LE. To me, it's a bit unclear if 3.X is going to have an LE version. Other than the issues with Mod Authors pulling their mods, there is no problem with 2.10.0, it's very stable and looks/plays like Skyrim should have. The only mod that needs replacement that I'm aware of is HD Paper, you could just find another paper texture replacer or live with the vanilla. Nothing game breaking.

Edited by Edorion, 09 January 2020 - 09:06 AM.

#3 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,794 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 09:17 AM

2.10.0 is the latest LE version. "3.0.0" is technically SE version 0.1.0 beta. We forced this onto our current framework due to high demand, even though it's a bit confusing at first glance (URL & labels do not match actual SE version). We state plainly in the intro that it's SE though.

It's up to Techangel as to further updates of LE. Everything is moving to SE, even though some key LE mods haven't been ported yet.

#4 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 12:03 PM

I'm not going to update the LE Guide on the wiki. It's a ton of work and took two weeks of my free time to get that SE Guide up. The SE Guide being up forces us to maintain it, thus, taking away time from STEP 3.0 work. Z is already looking it correcting the URL and labels to relieve any confusion, which is taking away time that could be spend on our large list of develop tasks. Adding another Guide to maintain would be too much at this point. The SE Guide was chosen for release, as Z stated, due to popular demand. The final LE Guide will be released with STEP 3.0.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skyrim, step, guide,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users