Photo

Dark distant mountains/snow LODs

Best Answer sheson , 11 January 2020 - 09:44 AM

Object LOD uses two snow LOD material object shaders. They are applied onto the object LOD in game.

Obviously the shaders do not affect object LOD generation or vice versa object LOD does not change the shaders. Hence, rerunning DynDOLOD is not going to have any effect.

Whatever plugins modify 00050372 SnowLODMaterial or 0006AE38 SnowLODMaterialHD are your culprit

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pygmalion42

Pygmalion42

Watcher

• Citizen
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 08:49 AM

Hi all, I seem to be having a problem with my distant lods.

https://imgur.com/05YfDnQ

As you can see in the screenshot the furthest snowy mountains appear dark grey and do not match the colour of the terrain around them. I am using DynDOLOD, majestic mountains with better dynamic snow and the compatibility patch and have tried to follow the suggested load order precisely. I have tried re-running DynDOLOD with different settings but nothing has worked. I don't think this is a problem with the LODs necessarily but maybe a problem with the game's lighting, though I haven't been able to find anybody with the same problem online. I'm probably being an idiot but I'd be grateful for some help.

#2 sheson

sheson

Talos

• Mod Author
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,869 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 09:44 AM   Best Answer

Object LOD uses two snow LOD material object shaders. They are applied onto the object LOD in game.

Obviously the shaders do not affect object LOD generation or vice versa object LOD does not change the shaders. Hence, rerunning DynDOLOD is not going to have any effect.

Whatever plugins modify 00050372 SnowLODMaterial or 0006AE38 SnowLODMaterialHD are your culprit

Edited by sheson, 11 January 2020 - 09:47 AM.

#3 Pygmalion42

Pygmalion42

Watcher

• Citizen
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 12:02 PM

SORTED :)

I used SSEEdit to look up those textures and found that HD LODs Textures was providing 00050372 SnowLODMaterial overwriting Majestic Mountains so I just removed that texture from the esp and now everything looks perfect. Thanks for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users