Tree LOD problem

Nem

Question

14 answers to this question

FAQ: Game: Tree LOD: LOD trees textures cut off mid-way

A: The tree texture atlas like Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\TamrielTreeLod.dds does not belong to the generated tree LOD in Meshes\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\*.*

A: Verify that the tree texture atlas Textures\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\TamrielTreeLod.dds and the tree LOD in Meshes\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\*.* are the ones from the DynDOLOD output folder and from the same LOD generation process and none of the files are overwritten by other mods. 

If the tree LOD texture atlas belongs to the tree LOD meshes, then there might be a problem already with the billboards.

Verified tree textures and meshes, none files from DynDOLOD output are overwritten too, i generated DynDOLOD textures and output 20-30 times with different settings and mods off. Im using Vanilla Skyrim LOD Billboards downloaded here www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62698, i also tried Indistunguishable vanilla tree LODs 1024 res, seems to work but i dont like tree LOD at all, vanilla looks better.

Did the same with TES5LODGen and everything ok, vanilla LOD trees, zero issues.

I just want tree LOD to look like in this video 

Edited by Nem

If you want things to look like in the DynDOLOD video, follow the DynDOLOD instructions to the letter.

The tree LOD generation of xEdit/xLODGen/DynDLOD works the same since over 5 years. Best to double check the output and then billboards.

Billboards are dds textures and an option txt file. Make sure the dds and txt are from the same billboard.

If you are confident that all files in terrain/meshes/terrain/tamriel/trees/*.* are from the same LOD generation process as the tree LOD texture atlas in textures/terrain/tamriel/trees/tamrieltreelod.dds you could zip and upload them to a file service for review.

Edited by sheson

Uploaded tree meshes, textures and billboards for review https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-HEZrfvY67dWHLRtyitgfviUTVUjT-2h/view

I followed this guide 

step by step checked all videos, FAQ and all 100+ threads on reddit and this forum about tree issues.

Is it possible to create tree lod with TES5LODGen and everythung else with DynDOLOD?

Edited by Nem

create tree lod with TES5LODGen and everythung else with DynDOLOD?

From the DynDOLOD description:

DynDOLOD combines generating tree LOD and object LOD into one process. Tree LOD generation is exactly the same as with TES5LODGen. It is started automatically from within the DynDOLOD process.

I mean uncheck object LOD for TES5LODGen and uncheck tree LOD for DynDOLOD and combine.

Because DynDOLOD cant generate Tree LOD for me whatever i do and TES5LODGEN does it without issues.

I checked logs and i see lot of missed billboards like this "<TreeAspen04 [TREE:0005FADA] billboard not found textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\treeaspen04_0005fada.dds>"

I checked "Vanilla Skyrim LOD Billboards" and there is no TreeAspen04 at all.

Uploaded tree meshes, textures and billboards for review https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-HEZrfvY67dWHLRtyitgfviUTVUjT-2h/view

Unsurprisingly if I install the meshes and texture from DynDOLOD Output as a new mod and make sure nothing overwrites any of the files the tree LOD looks perfectly fine.

6gVEZSS.jpg

I mean uncheck object LOD for TES5LODGen and uncheck tree LOD for DynDOLOD and combine.

DynDOLOD is a modified version of xEdit/xLODGen. The tree LOD generation is exactly the same. It is the same code. It is the same output.

I seems very likely that you used TES5LODGen without reading its instructions and did not set a dedicated output folder with the -o command line argument.

That means all new files ended up in the Overwrite folder, already existing files were replaced in their respective mod folders.

Use Mod Organizers right window Data tab to check the sources of meshes and textures.

Use a legal copy of the game.

FAQ: DynDOLOD.exe: Tree LOD and similar

A: Ignore, any messages about missing files for shrubs, fern, bushes etc. are normal. Typically billboards are only created for trees. Some world spaces do not have any trees.

If you want billboards for trees that are not part of vanilla Skyrim, then find a mod that supplies them or create billboards yourself.

Edited by sheson

Read the DynDOLOD_Manual.html "Glow LOD" section.

FXGlow, Windows and Fake Light are all different things that do not influence each other.

Typically the window brightness and color tone depend on Weather and ENB settings. If using the Windows High setting when generating LOD, then those Whiterun LOD windows use the same meshes/textures settings as the windows of the full models. That means they should have the same brightness and color tone as the windows of the full model for the same distance.

You can test the distance influence by getting closer so it loads the full model, then use TLC in console to fly backwards to about the same distance again to compare.

As explained in the manual you can install RaceMenu NetImmerse Override to in order to have an option in the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM to increase the intensity. However, when the difference is high enough, the change in brightness will becomes more obvious when LOD changes to full model.

Easiest is to increase the appropriate ENB settings as they will apply to both the full model and LOD.

I checked Windows+high settings and overall medium settings. NetImmerse override option works buggy for me, when i checked this setting in mcm and changed sliders window brightness go up only if i deactivate/activate DynDOLOD and only for some windows, random houses. After enter/leave any interior windows brightness resetting to default. Also after tests with activating/deactivating DynDOLOD and NetImmerse Override in mcm i got small bug https://imgur.com/PM8602P.

No ENB and weather mods.

Edited by Nem

I checked Windows+high settings and overall medium settings. NetImmerse override option works buggy for me, when i checked this setting in mcm and changed sliders window brightness go up only if i deactivate/activate DynDOLOD and only for some windows, random houses. After enter/leave any interior windows brightness resetting to default. Also after tests with activating/deactivating DynDOLOD and NetImmerse Override in mcm i got small bug https://imgur.com/PM8602P.

No ENB and weather mods.

The screenshot looks like a an save game update gone wrong. Make sure to test with a new game. New glow MCM settings are only applied when the LOD model switches on/off. Fast travel away and back to see changes to the settings or just normally move around to load full model and then back to load LOD.

If NetImmerse is not working out for you, then use ENB or weather settings to increase the window brightness. Otherwise you could try editing the *glow_lod_*.nif directly in NifSkope and manually increase their Emissive Multiple.