Complete Widescreen Fix for Vanilla and SkyUI 2.2 and 5.2 SE (by Daisuke)

Kattmandu

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I second the inclusion of this mod.

ENB is also only used by a subset of users, still it's included at the end of the guide.
These fixes are mandatory for users who play at 21:9 resolutions and so should be included at the end of the guide (with maybe a note at the beginning when selecting resolution in BethIni).

In addition, technically havok fix mod is only used by subset of users that have high refresh rate monitors. So following the logic for not including widescreen fix mod, we should also exclude havok fix. although, I would like both mods to be included in STEP, I'm just trying to make a point. 

• +1 2

I second the inclusion of this mod.

ENB is also only used by a subset of users, still it's included at the end of the guide.

These fixes are mandatory for users who play at 21:9 resolutions and so should be included at the end of the guide (with maybe a note at the beginning when selecting resolution in BethIni).

In addition, technically havok fix mod is only used by subset of users that have high refresh rate monitors. So following the logic for not including widescreen fix mod, we should also exclude havok fix. although, I would like both mods to be included in STEP, I'm just trying to make a point. 

I do appreciate your arguments for this mod's inclusion, however, I think we're missing the bigger picture...on a product that is used by hundreds, we have to cater to the majority. If we catered to every small situation, then the Guide would be a bloated mess. When I say subset, I mean really small subset: https://gs.statcounter.com/screen-resolution-stats/desktop/worldwide

ENB, in contrast, is used by far more users and is why it's mentioned in the Guide. It can also be used by just about anyone that meets the system requirements listed on the Guide. Now Havok Fix is the same as ENB. Though it may not benefit everyone, it's still a mod that can be used by all users regardless of their screen resolution. However, this mod doesn't fit into the same niche as ENB or Havok Fix because it should only be installed by those users running the resolutions it's made for and no one else.

• Installing ENB or Havok Fix =  does no harm to anyone who installs them.
  • Install this mod = breaks things for all users who install it not running at the right resolutions.

See the difference?

Hopefully that explains the reasoning of not including this mod. If not consider this, we had over 700 users who downloaded the v0.1.0b Patch on Nexus. Should we cater to the three that are asking for this mod to be included because they need it, while telling the remaining 700+ to skip it in the Guide? I think that's a bit unreasonable, don't you all?

Now that last statement/question is, in all likelihood, an exaggeration but it should get you to thinking from our prospective and how we have to look at the bigger picture.  :thumbsup:

Really makes no difference to me if it's in the guide or not; I was just trying to help make it better.  It is an essential mod to me, however.  I could not play Skyrim without it.  Everything related to the user interface is broken without it.  I'm sure anyone who plays Skyrim at a 21:9 aspect ratio will find this mod on their own.  Interestingly, the resolution I use (3440x1440) isn't even in the link that Tech provided.

I have a ultra widescreen monitor too. I think that most of us who are dope enough to have a ultra widescreen monitor know to look for mods to make games that don't support our totally awesome wideness. It's just par for the course, and games are still being made that don't work out of the box.  :armscrossed: