Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul (by kryptopyr)

TechAngel85

This mod overwrites the Chicken Butthurt textures.  The overwriting textures are in the CACO esp.  How do you change it so that the CACO esp doesn't overwrite the Chicken Butthurt textures?

Never mind.  I figured it out.  The files are in the bsa file.  I would need to exract the contents of the bsa and then hide the overwritting meshes in MO2.

Edited by Kattmandu

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We should consider updating the detailed instructions for CACO. The current instructions say to install the main file and both update files. As Mercury72 points out, CACO now has three update files: CACO SKSE 2.0.19 - 2.0.20 DLL Update (Special Edition), CACO SKSE 2.1.3 DLL Update (Anniversary Edition), and Temporary Patch for Complete Crafting Overhaul Remastered. Users should install the Special Edition or the Anniversary Edition update and the patch.

24 minutes ago, Greg said:

We should consider updating the detailed instructions for CACO. The current instructions say to install the main file and both update files. As Mercury72 points out, CACO now has three update files: CACO SKSE 2.0.19 - 2.0.20 DLL Update (Special Edition), CACO SKSE 2.1.3 DLL Update (Anniversary Edition), and Temporary Patch for Complete Crafting Overhaul Remastered. Users should install the Special Edition or the Anniversary Edition update and the patch.

I've updated the instructions to point to the files used for SSE runtime 1.5.97.0. We'll need to update these, of course, when we direct toward Anniversary update.

On 11/26/2021 at 2:11 PM, DoubleYou said:

I've updated the instructions to point to the files used for SSE runtime 1.5.97.0. We'll need to update these, of course, when we direct toward Anniversary update.

We should probably mark these changes in the Changelog post-installation area up top so that we don't miss the updates.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't see a visual difference between the textures. It looks as if this just changes from uncompressed RRGGBBA or DXT5 format to BC7 format.

The optional plugin changes the magic effects of Fortify Alteration/Conjuration/Destruction/Illusion/Restoration to apply a bonus to the base skill for some period instead of allowing spells to last longer for some period. In other words, it changes Actor Value from "Alteration Power Modifier" to "Alteration" and modifies the description to reflect this change.

37 minutes ago, Greg said:

I don't see a visual difference between the textures. It looks as if this just changes from uncompressed RRGGBBA or DXT5 format to BC7 format.

The optional plugin changes the magic effects of Fortify Alteration/Conjuration/Destruction/Illusion/Restoration to apply a bonus to the base skill for some period instead of allowing spells to last longer for some period. In other words, it changes Actor Value from "Alteration Power Modifier" to "Alteration" and modifies the description to reflect this change.

Yeah, that's what I mean. Both options seem desirable to me.

On 12/23/2021 at 4:47 PM, Greg said:

Bumping this.

I think we should be using both optional files.

• CACO Cleaned Textures - BC7 format textures instead of uncompressed DDS
  • True Fortify Effects for Magic Skills - this make fortify magic effects consistent with other CACO fortify effects and should apply to Odin if I am interpreting that mod correctly (scales spell strength according to skill level)

• 3 weeks later...

The Ironwood Tree normal map for this mod is misnamed. There is a bug report for this in the Bugs tab on the mod page. Easiest solution will be to instruct to install the CACO Cleaned Textures file and rename

textures\ccor\plants\imp45\ironwood_n.dds

to

textures\ccor\plants\imp45\ironwood01_n.dds