Lanterns Of Skyrim II (by MannyGT/wizkid34)

TechAngel85

• 6 months later...

What does everyone think of this mod compared to the old LoS?

Personally, I've noticed the textures of the posts around Whiterun really don't fit well with the rest of the surrounding textures, which makes them stand out. I'm also not that big of a fan of the variety of lanterns. It's a cool idea and would be okay if you could find the lanterns within shops, towns, dungeons, etc...just scattered about like all lanterns are. However, it simply just bugs me that those unique lanterns can only be found on those posts and nowhere else in the within the regions.  :ermm: If you're going to "regionalize" something, really do it...not just on a few objects around towns and roads.

The the MCM version of the original was simple and just worked without any issues. It's textures also fit into the game. I feel like LoSII is more designed towards the "Noble Skyrim" crowd that like to really pretty up the game. STEP keeps the rustic vanilla feel so I've been thinking the original would likely suit our needs better.

Thoughts?

I am with you here Tech. Feels like it is made for Noble.

I am actually thinkin of not using "Lanterns of Skyrim II" att all (and fill upp my inventory with torches). 

(A bit OT but with all of Arthmoores villages installed i had to disable the addons fror Granite Hill and Rorikstaed because the lightposts felt way missplaced/designed, looked horrible)

I am not a fan. I am only using it because it is part of the patches. I am actually trying to remove the mod from them which does not seem too hard so far.

Anyway, the lanterns and their posts do stick out to me. This is especially true when they are blowing in the wind since most other objects do not to the same extent. Maybe the original would fit in and I would like the mod. From memory, I only remember taking issue with some of the placement of the lanterns and not so much the rest.

Edited by Eliian

I am not a fan. I am only using it because it is part of the patches. I am actually trying to remove the mod from them which does not seem too hard so far.

Anyway, the lanterns and their posts do stick out to me. This is especially true when they are blowing in the wind since most other objects do not to the same extent. Maybe the original would fit in and I would like the mod. From memory I remember only taking issue with some of the placement of the lanterns and not so much the rest.

I typically remove the lanterns from the roads, but left them on to see their impact. I was surprised to see how much they stuck out.

The wind is also another issue. The lanterns can blow around like they're weightless sometimes. They need at least double the weight they have now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I completely missed this one so you are probably correct. :doh:

The "Lanterns of Skyrim SE - MCM Version - 1 Original MannyGT" main file seems to be the most sensible choice because the guide does not use Obsidian Weathers and Rudy ENB. The light seems to be a bit overly bright so you'll probably want to use one of the optional plugins in "Lanterns of Skyrim SE - Various Weather Mods Preset Pack" to dim the brightness a bit. I played around switching between 1 and 5 while standing next to a lamp post just outside Riverwood. I want to play with it some more to see if I can get some screenshots to capture the differences with each of the options.

Also keep in mind that that STEP Skyrim SE Patches resolves some conflicts with Lanterns of Skyrim II and I have not looked to determine if this mod needs a similar patch.