Mors Arrows Be Gone not working

Kattmandu

• 3 weeks later...

I believe I read elsewhere that the mod only unequips the arrows when you unequip the bow from the inventory menu, but not from a quickmenu.

That is incorrect. The issue is explained in the posts section of the mod. When you have one set of arrows in the inventory the arrows don't unequip automatically. You have equip the bow and unequip and equip the arrows for the mod to register the arrows for some reason. Once you do that, the arrows will automatically unequip on changing the weapon or unequipping the bow either from a quick menu, inventory or keyboard shortcuts. I have just tested it. 

However, I'd say it is a little bit of an inconvenience for the players. I would be after changing the mod for one that works out of the box and doesn't require any additional steps if I'm honest.

That is incorrect. The issue is explained in the posts section of the mod. When you have one set of arrows in the inventory the arrows don't unequip automatically. You have equip the bow and unequip and equip the arrows for the mod to register the arrows for some reason. Once you do that, the arrows will automatically unequip on changing the weapon or unequipping the bow either from a quick menu, inventory or keyboard shortcuts. I have just tested it. 

However, I'd say it is a little bit of an inconvenience for the players. I would be after changing the mod for one that works out of the box and doesn't require any additional steps if I'm honest.

You are correct and incorrect. Correct in what you've explained (highlighted). Incorrect in thinking it's a bug. That's actually how the mod works.

I think what users are expecting from this mod isn't exactly what this mod does. It is not the old "Auto Unequip Ammo" mod that was used in the Skyrim LE Guide. This mod does accomplish auto hiding of the ammo, however, it goes a step further by providing a way for users to assign a Bow/Arrow combination, which the mod will force when the bow is equipped and the arrows assigned to it are available in the player's inventory. For example, say you always want to use Dwarven arrows when your Dwarven bow is equipped, with this mod, you can do that. So if you're using a steel bow with steel arrows, and switch to your Dwarven bow your ammo will switch to from steel arrow to Dwarven arrows because that is what's been assigned. 

The mod works by first equipping a bow and then equipping the arrows you'd like to assign to the bow. Else, vanilla behavior will be exhibited. This means when the player equips a new bow for the first time, no arrows will be assigned to it, even though the vanilla behavior is to auto-equip arrows when a bow is equipped. Mors Arrows is designed in a way that the user must select the ammo they wish to assign to the bow; it isn't going to "auto-assign" the vanilla "auto-equipped" ammo to the bow. Therefore, users think this is a bug, but it's not. Mors Arrows simply wasn't designed to auto-assign the vanilla, auto-equipped ammo.

I can see where this would confuse users who are used to the old mod of just hiding whatever ammo is equipped when unequipping a bow. There really isn't a good alternative to that mod. Auto Hide Ammo doesn't actually unequip the ammo, but just hides it when a bow isn't equipped....which I suppose is just another way of doing the same thing. However, there are several reports of it not working with recent updates to the game.

I can see where this would confuse users who are used to the old mod of just hiding whatever ammo is equipped when unequipping a bow. There really isn't a good alternative to that mod. Auto Hide Ammo doesn't actually unequip the ammo, but just hides it when a bow isn't equipped....which I suppose is just another way of doing the same thing. However, there are several reports of it not working with recent updates to the game.

So "Mors Arrows Be Gone" only equips arrows?  It doesn't unequip them?

I ended downloading and installing the older "Simple Auto Unequip Ammo" instead of the newer "Auto Hide Ammo" since there seems to be many reported issues with the newer one.

Edited by Kattmandu