Error: Skyrim Legendary, Resources 2.77, Tools 2.79

aristotle

Question

I have successfully used DynDOLOD over 50 times.  I know what I'm doing.  Starting a new game.  Loaded the most recent Resources for Oldrim 2.77 and Tools 2.79.  I get this:

"TES5 3486901561 Error: Cannot find DynDOLOD Resources core files required to create improved LOD.  Do not install DynDOLOD Resources SE intended for Skyrim SE.  Do not modify files from DynDOLOD Resources.  Verify the archive or files were not corrupted."

I did everything exactly the way I did it 50 times before.  I think there is a problem on your end.  I most certainly did not load the SE version of Resources.  It is 47.4 MB, as it should be.

3 answers to this question

Either files from DynDOLOD Resources were modified or a specific file is being overwritten, which is unlikely because that file is unique to DynDOLOD Resources and people would have already had issues long in the past.

In case of an issue with DynDOLOD Resources there would be reports within hours of release - just like we saw with the TexGen issue.

Nonetheless, I just downloaded DynDOLOD 2.79 and DynDOLOD Resources 2.77 from Nexus, installed both as usual and had no issues.

Problem is fixed, sorry to trouble you.  I deleted Resources 2.77 and did a fresh install from Nexus.  Worked fine this time.  Don't understand how this happened, file got "corrupted" somehow.  Thanks for the quick response and for a truly outstanding utility / mod / service.  Great job :)