Armor and Clothing Extension (by kryptopyr/Gamwich)

TechAngel85

• 9 months later...

This mod has a known bug from May 2019, which has still not been fixed.

If you experience the bug you will see "$CCF_Clothing Fixes" instead of "Clothing Fixes" on the MCM list, and all MCM options for the mod will have a "$CCF_" prefix.

The problem is the .esp file and translation files do not match. The mismatch is
WACCF_Armor and Clothing Extension.esp
interface\translations\waccf_armor and clothing expansion_english.txt

kryptopyr in the bug report says : A temporary fix would be to unpack the bsa and change the translation file name from "Expansion" to "Extension".

I used 7-Zip and Cathedral Assets Optimizer to extract the archive, extract the .bsa, rename the file, recreate the .bsa, recreate the archive - and it fixed the problem.

• 1 year later...
15 minutes ago, Crimson13 said:

Is it okay to install the update since it along with Weapons Armor Clothing and Clutter Fixes' because of the forwarding from USSEP? The STEP guide uses an older version of the patch so I'm a little confused.

If you are running the SSE 1.0.0 guide, you must keep in mind the SSE version and all dependencies, including USSEP and mods that coordinate with that. Extenders and Resources ModGroups are also important to SSE and SKSE versions.

Essentially, using our current SSE guide is a bit more of an advanced modding process, since we are not keeping it updated with all of the version flux going on around SSE right now.

So no, don't just update all mods for that guide unless they are not required by the Step patches AND they are independent of other mods linked to these game-version updates. You will need to examine files, upload dates, and read the notes of each mod carefully on Nexus to be certain.

• 6 months later...

I'll give it a go. I just learned that SPID conflicts can happen between mods that reference the same npc. Maybe that could be an issue.

What exactly are you looking to test otherwise? Up to this point the toggle options were left at default and up to player choice, I think?

6 hours ago, Eliian said:

I'll give it a go. I just learned that SPID conflicts can happen between mods that reference the same npc. Maybe that could be an issue.

What exactly are you looking to test otherwise? Up to this point the toggle options were left at default and up to player choice, I think?

We'll just want to know if the default SPID config is reasonable. I'm not the best judge of this, since I really don't play the game much outside of testing, and I'm no lore expert when it comes to specifics like NPC vanilla behavior. I've spend all these years working on refining the look/feel of the game rather than gameplay specifics. The other admins have much more XP than I with respect to what happens in the game by default and when.

It's been too long since I had a real playthrough. I quit at like level 57 at that time and had only progressed a short way on the main quest. I am very picky about RPG gameplay and get easily put off by predictability and repetition and don't want to spoil it for myself. I'm waiting until the game is totally fixed and near perfect ... which may be never :P

I would to say it just adds a few changes to NPCs. Conflicts can happen, but typically only if they're changing the same records within an individual NPC record (i.e., two mods both change an outfit on the same NPC). However, if one is changing the outfit and another the stats then I think the changes are merged. I could be wrong on that as I haven't read up on this mod since it's incorporation.

I was correct. Conflicts can happen with SPID INIs, but only with mods that change records for which only a single choice exists. For example, only one outfit can be applied to a NPC. However, for things like items and spells where multiple can exist, they are added together.

With that in mind, the only conflicts to worry about is if we're overwriting any of the outfits from this mod by other mods downstream. I extracted the archives and they have no conflicts besides Rustic Clothing, which has been winning the conflict with this mod. It's never really mattered since this mod incorporates Rustic Clothing. As such, there aren't any issues with adding the new SPID option. What it does is ensure that the outfits are distributed at run-time, thus ensuing that the clothes from this mod are always used; which is what is currently desired.

Keep in mind with the addition of SPID, the order of conflict resolution is changed a bit:

1. archives
  2. loose files
  3. SPID (wins all conflicts)