UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul

Ichigo2012

Submitted for your approval - UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=14037

Can't give a review because I haven't yet used it in game. Don't plan on playing again until the next version of STEP is out.

The fillowing is taken from the mod's page:

UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul(v1.5 Skyrim or higher required)

UFO is a set of tools and enhancements to the followers system that will allow for better control and usability of followers.

GOALS:

Make it simple, so it works even for people that don't read description instruction.

Give new and expand existing follower options.

Fix broken stuff from vanilla.

Make it easy to use.

Ensure compatibility with most type of mods.

FEATURES:

1. Fully tradable inventory - Allows for full customization of you followers gear and hence looks. Simply take what you don't want them to use and give them

what you want them to use.

2. Hire up to 15 followers at once - Internal scripting for more than one follower at a time

3. Display follower statistics - Ask what a followers is good at and they will display their stats. Works once follower joins you, but also hirelings can be

asked prior to joining.

4. Level up for followers - Vanilla game does not level follower stats but keeps them at level you where when you first saw the follower. In UFO simply tell

them to train and they will level up stats to their true level.

5. Dual wield for followers - If you give them two weapons, not they will use them.

6. All followers can ride - All followers have custom riding packages and will ride if they have a horse around. Eight horses for followers can be found across Tamriel, at stables or major cities. All UFO horses can Fast Travel as described below. If you want to use other mounts for followers you can download Horse Branding(you just need the esm file, disable the esp) and if you combine Horse Branding with Like a Boss it's yeah.. MEGAFUN!! :)

7.No lvl caps - All follower level caps have been removed

8. Appropriate gender animations - All female followers have female animations.

9. Better Housecarl AI - Houscarls will move around house and do different things.

10. All followers can be married

11. Followers will draw weapons in combat only.

12. Probably something i forgot.. like a bow fix and probably more :)

This looks to be a very well conceived and executed mod, its a 3rd gen mod standing on the shoulders of some great predecessors. It fixes a huge amount of stuff that was just plain broken with followers and adds a bunch of stuff that could be argued "should have been in vanilla". It goes a bit beyond what I'm comfortable with for a vanilla experience but if those features can be disabled I'd be strongly in favor of this one.

Thanks ,frihylnd, for your reply to my first post here. Incidentally, I've been familiar with STEP since somewhere in the 1.9's. Since finding it, I won't play Skyrim without it. I had put Skyrim aside for a bit while I was playing Mass Effect 2 and 3. NOW, I am wanting to get back into Skyrim and am waiting patiently for the next STEP.

I figured you would appreciate this mod, though I'm not sure if some features can be disabled, though from looking at the mod's contents, it seems to be based on scripts. If you would want to incorporate UFO into step, you would probably need to contact the mod's creator to see what scripts perform which features to see which, if any, could be deleted for your purposes.

By the way, I noticed on the mod's page that it is compatible with "Better Followers" that I saw mentioned in this thread..

Mods that are compatible, but must be placed BELOW UFO in load order:

Better Followers (do not use dialogue.esp and delete C01QuestScript.pex from data/scripts folder)

There are others listed, but this one is what caught my eye since I saw it mentioned as a Suggested Mod. Hmm..it seems that this post has gotten a little longer than I expected. :)

Thanks again. :)

There are some fixes in Better Followers that are not in any other mod, and there is a Lite version now that has the fixes and dialogue.esp, but excludes the body replacer and Specialized Followers mod. Better Followers does the same thing as Move it Dammit, too.

Also, UFO isn't currently compatible with Black Tower/Black Sacrament Armor if you choose to recruit one of the followers from the Black Tower, at least until AmethystDeceiver finishes his fix. That alone is the only reason I haven't started using UFO, since I really like the Black Sacrament Armor.

• 1 year later...

To all STEP Members,

If anyone is currently using this mod, I would like to warn you that this mod seems to have been broken since 1.8

While most of the functions do work, there are some script issues and command issues that will not work properly in your game.

Also, popular follower mods, such as Interesting NPC, Inconsequential NPC, Vilja, Cerwin, etc

seem to have issues when using their mods with UFO.

If anyone wants the same functionality and full compatibility with these popular mods. (including Convenient Horse)

I would like to recommend Amazing Follower Tweak which has been updated to the latest patch and works flawlessly with the mods that I have listed.

My recommendation goes to Extensible Follower Framework instead, since it's non intrusive, works with a lot of popular mods (Convient Horses, Moonlight Tales, natch) and custom followers (as long as they are in the PotentialFollower or PotentialHireling factions, which all should be) work fine with it. Serena and Cireco isn't affected, but that's because expired doesn't want to mess with quest-related followers.

I used AFT for a while as well. But recently switched to EFF and totally like it better. Oh, and if you use AFT and decide to remove it for whatever reason, AFT leaves a lot of junk in you save files I found out. If you check your papyrus logs after removal you'll see what I mean. They might be benign warnings about not finding scripts, but there's a lot of them so it shows you just how "intrusive" or script intensive AFT is.