STEP Skyrim SE Guide v0.2.0b - Official Bug Reports

TechAngel85

A problem that I keep running into is that certain areas within building interiors seem to be completely missing lights. For instance, in this screenshot I took of The Frozen Hearth Inn (at night) in Winterhold everything seems to be well lit except the bar where the innkeeper is standing. Moving closer to speak to the innkeeper makes it seem like I'm now standing in a completely dark room. I don't know if this is a bug or if this is intended but I would love to hear any suggestions on how I might get some more lighting in these areas.

I definitely experience the same issue with the inns. In addition, it seems like during the day the dark areas in the inns get brighter but at night they go really dark. Unfortunately, I have not had time to look into it yet.

The Choice is Yours
The mod has additional patch for Book Covers Skyrim available to download. Not sure if the usefulness of the patch has been checked.

I have noticed this as well and came to comment on it here. Since there is nothing solid on it, I will attempt testing it myself to see if it is needed or if my game will throw a fit because of it.

The Choice is Yours
The mod has additional patch for Book Covers Skyrim available to download. Not sure if the usefulness of the patch has been checked.

Is seems the patch for this is included in Kryptopyr's Patch Hub later on in the guide under the Patch section. A note should probably be added in the guide under 'The Choice Is Yours' that the patch download is unnecessary. There are also some other patches that should be noted as well.

3ae0104875781804b91794ebbef4b89a.png

Edited by Tykune

Wiseman303's Flora Fixes - Revamped

Not longer included in the guide. I guess, due to being included in CACO. However there is no note in changelog that it has been removed and also the mod's status in Mod Anthology is 'accepted'.

Added to changelog. Dropped due to CACO.

Majestic Mountains - Cathedral Concept

Requires Blended Roads which is included in Landscapes - Cathedral Concept. Installation instructions should explain this in my opinion.

We'll tell you when to install mods. If Blended Roads was required, it would have been in the Guide.

Rusitc Windows

Is not in the changelog.

Added to changelog.

Modern Brawl Bug Fix

No longer included in the guide. Nothing mentioned in the changelog. Accepted tag in Mod Anthology.

Added to changelog. Dropped due to EBT including this by default.

Disease Descriptions for the Immersive Adventurer SE

Technically has a FOMOD installer so detailed installation instructions are required.

I'll see about adding it.

Ragdoll Paralysis Redux SE

No longer included in the guide. Nothing mentioned in the changelog.

The Choice is Yours

It's not needed. We'll tell you when to install extra things besides the main mod.

DynDOLOD Resources SE

Installation options are in different order and the naming is slightly different in 2.81.

Thanks. I'll have to take a look at v2.81.

A problem that I keep running into is that certain areas within building interiors seem to be completely missing lights. For instance, in this screenshot I took of The Frozen Hearth Inn (at night) in Winterhold everything seems to be well lit except the bar where the innkeeper is standing. Moving closer to speak to the innkeeper makes it seem like I'm now standing in a completely dark room. I don't know if this is a bug or if this is intended but I would love to hear any suggestions on how I might get some more lighting in these areas.

Also, giant honey! I was able to fix this by installing a really nice mesh/texture replacement, but I'm curious if anybody else is having this issue or if I maybe installed something wrong?

I definitely experience the same issue with the inns. In addition, it seems like during the day the dark areas in the inns get brighter but at night they go really dark. Unfortunately, I have not had time to look into it yet.

Some users are reporting dark lighting with ELE installed on SE. It seams that ELE may could use a bit of an update for SE's new lighting.

I have noticed this as well and came to comment on it here. Since there is nothing solid on it, I will attempt testing it myself to see if it is needed or if my game will throw a fit because of it.

Is seems the patch for this is included in Kryptopyr's Patch Hub later on in the guide under the Patch section. A note should probably be added in the guide under 'The Choice Is Yours' that the patch download is unnecessary. There are also some other patches that should be noted as well.

3ae0104875781804b91794ebbef4b89a.png

We tell users when extra options are needed or not. If they aren't mentioned on a mod page ,then it's usually safe to assume they are not needed because they're either 1) being taken care of by a later mod patch or 2) being taken care of by the STEP Patches.

Some users are reporting dark lighting with ELE installed on SE. It seams that ELE may could use a bit of an update for SE's new lighting.

Do you by chance know of any kind of workaround for this? I'm not very knowledgeable about these things so I may be misunderstanding but from what I'm reading on the ELE Nexus page, Relighting Skyrim is the mod that actually controls the light sources. As I tried to demonstrate with my screenshots, the brightness of the working lights seem perfectly adequate, but some light sources appear to be completely missing. It would be really nice to get some of those wall candles to put out some light for instance.

Do you by chance know of any kind of workaround for this? I'm not very knowledgeable about these things so I may be misunderstanding but from what I'm reading on the ELE Nexus page, Relighting Skyrim is the mod that actually controls the light sources. As I tried to demonstrate with my screenshots, the brightness of the working lights seem perfectly adequate, but some light sources appear to be completely missing. It would be really nice to get some of those wall candles to put out some light for instance.

The sources themselves, yes, are from RS but those two mods work hand-in-hand. If there are a lot of issues with darkness in many locations, thenn that means the ambient lighting is likely too low vs what it was in Skyrim LE. That is more than likely ELE's fault.

We'll tell you when to install mods. If Blended Roads was required, it would have been in the Guide.

Added to changelog.

Added to changelog. Dropped due to EBT including this by default.

I'll see about adding it.

It's not needed. We'll tell you when to install extra things besides the main mod.

Thanks. I'll have to take a look at v2.81.

Should the tags in Mod Anthology not get updated too for the removed mods?  

I am not sure what is causing this, though I have heard of this issue occuring with Ragdoll Paralysis Redux SE before it was updated 3 days ago, but when you become paralyzed and fall down in third person camera mode, apparently your camera gets stuck in third person with no way of going back into first person view. It also screws up your controls and makes the game unplayable.

The best way to reproduce this is getting paralyzed, though I found that it was pretty consistent just by eating a Daedra Venin.

I am not sure what is causing this, though I have heard of this issue occuring with Ragdoll Paralysis Redux SE before it was updated 3 days ago, but when you become paralyzed and fall down in third person camera mode, apparently your camera gets stuck in third person with no way of going back into first person view. It also screws up your controls and makes the game unplayable.

The best way to reproduce this is getting paralyzed, though I found that it was pretty consistent just by eating a Daedra Venin.

After a bit of digging, I found this listed under CACO's bug section.

bfc6ef23861867fe9991de904e2eed8e.png

Anyone has noticed that while riding a horse assets added by CACO cannot be automatically gathered? it seems like they are not recognised as alchemy ingredients by convenient horses.

I actually never use horses, but it's the first I am hearing of this. If it's a feature of Convenient Horses, then the way the feature is designed may need to be made compatible with CACO.

You shouldn't have Ragdoll Paralysis Redux SE installed with CACO.

I actually never use horses, but it's the first I am hearing of this. If it's a feature of Convenient Horses, then the way the feature is designed may need to be made compatible with CACO.

There is patch available on nexus https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/21249. In xedit it looks like it just makes CACO items to be collectable while riding a horse. A bit of googling suggests that any new items that can be looted/gathered or any new worlds where you can ride a horse will require a patch.

I can confirm that the patch is working. I have spent few hours playing and so far have not found CACO alchemy ingredient that I was not able to collect while on the horse. @TechAngel85 will you plan on incorporating this patch into the guide?

Edited by wojsku

Not sure to which mod this relates to but I have experienced few times an audio bug when transition from under water to land. the sound of water ( the sound when you're diving) is on loop even when on land. it happened to me couple of times when walking through a waterfall in Swindler's Den and two more times in some open world locations when walking out of the water. as I mentioned earlier, it seems like when transition from underwater to land the underwater sound stays on. reloading a save fixes the issue.

There is patch available on nexus https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/21249. In xedit it looks like it just makes CACO items to be collectable while riding a horse. A bit of googling suggests that any new items that can be looted/gathered or any new worlds where you can ride a horse will require a patch.

I can confirm that the patch is working. I have spent few hours playing and so far have not found CACO alchemy ingredient that I was not able to collect while on the horse. @TechAngel85 will you plan on incorporating this patch into the guide?

Yes, most likely it'll be covered by the STEP Patch, unless it's a flagged ESL. In which case, these patches are simply left in the load order since they don't take up any plugin slots.