Getting STEP SE guide playing nice with Creation Club.

evmiller

Question

I'm pretty sure i read that STEP wouldn't officially support Creation Club in it's SE guide, however I'm praying that there can still be strong unofficial support for the Creation Club content among the users and fans of both on this forum. As I test the current STEP SE guide, I also have a STEP profile where I have all CC content installed to this point. There is some compatibility issues showing up! I'll attempt to list what I've found so far.

Unlimited Bookshelves conflicts with (CC) Survival Mode - This was a LOOT warning. No patch on Nexus yet, but was easy enough to make a custom patch with TES5Edit. I believe Unlimited Bookshelves reverts changes made by Update.esm.

CACO needs compatibility patch for (CC) Survival Mode - Patch available on Kryptopyr's Patch Hub on Nexus. NO NOT install the Survival Mode -- WACCF patch! These changes are in the CACO patch. Don't install both.

CACO needs compatibility patch for (CC) Rare Curios - Patch available on Kryptopyr's Patch Hub on Nexus.

CCOR needs compatibility patch for (CC) Nordic Jewelry - Patch available on Kryptopyr's Patch Hub on Nexus.

Smooth Shores conflicts badly with (CC) Tundra Homestead -  The landscape is messed up around the homestead. Mod author on nexus has a notice on his description page. He won't make a patch until Smooth Shores for skyrim is complete. A custom patch was easy to make in TES5Edit undoing the changes Smooth Shores made around the homestead.

Convenient Horses conflicts with (CC) Wild Horses - Now I already tamed, named, and saddled my wild horse prior to installing Convenient Horses so everything works very well, but the problem being reported is when you try to name/register your wild horse and try to saddle your horse with the CC custom saddles after this mod is installed. I need to catch another wild horse to see how bad this conflict is.

There's also a Mod page on Nexes for Creation Club - Misc Patches. Here there is a ton of small CCOR and WACCF patches for all the Creation Club weapons and armor. Not sure how many of these are essential and fixing conflicts are just providing a bit of consistency with the changes these mods are making to the other weapons and armor in the game. I'm still looking at these.

Although I'm a bit nervous about the Convenient Horses issue, it seems that everything else can be patched so far. Hopefully other fans of the Creation Club can share our experiences with trying to get this content playing nicely with STEP.

Edited by evmiller
  • +1 1

5 answers to this question

I noticed that the CC Camping isn't playing nice with CCOR. Basically, the 'Camping Supplies' to make the lean to isn't showing up in the crafting menu.

I'm having this issue after selecting both mods in TES5Edit and 'Applying Filter to show Conflicts', the ccqdrsse002.esl "aka Camping' disappears from the left hand pane where you can't click on it to compare it to CCOR. This same thing happened when I tried to compare CC Wild Horses and Convenient Horses. Maybe I just don't know how TES5Edit behaves with .esl's but I made a patch for Tundra homestead/Smooth shores and Survival Mode/Unlimited Bookshelves with no problem.

Edited by evmiller

I have played around with the CC mods and patches, and found that Convenient Horses works. It might be something that was updated, but I did notice they didn't trigger the horse dialogue the first time you try to use them. After dismounting and remounting, everything worked out properly, even the reindeer from the holiday CC mod.

Myrwatch also had some issues in front, last I checked.

Apart from those mentioned, the CC locations are also not patched for ELE. I've tried making a patch for this, but can't seem to get the lighting in Forgotten Seasons quite right. It is bugging me.

Yeah I was going say, everything seemed fine for me when I installed moose109's creation club integrations and had to fix the conflicts. It feels so good to have them in the game lol. I wonder if there are any other stuff like that compatibility issue but I think those patches are perfect. 

Hi, regarding Unlimited Bookshelves, I found a patch here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/39288

I did not test it, yet.

It is also possible to show the warmth stats in SKYUI by using e.g.: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/96918 or https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17729

Edited by stinkyargor