Mod reverting "FULL - Name" field to english language

Kehlim

Question

Hey, y'all! I need your help or at least a discussion on good practices regarding this problem:

My game (Skyrim SE) is set to german. For some reason a lot of mods have "hardcoded" english names for cells etc., overwriting the localization of the base game.

I would like to fix that. Right now i am in the process of overwriting the mod's .esp with a translated .esp i made myself, by copying every german "FULL - Name" field from the Skyrim.esp in SSEdit. This works, but is very tedious to do and it is still a "hardcoded" entry (now in german) the problem would resurface if i would switch to french for example.

My question is if there's a simpler way? Like making the entry forward the entry in the master .esp instead of overwriting it?

Attached screenshot shows the problem. The master contains the translated string, while the "Particle Patch" reverts it to the english translation:

PeRKz4j.png

I would go and drag the german string "Totmannsruh" over the english string "Dead Men's Respite". But i hope theres an easier way, since the translation is already part of the base game.

I am very new to editing mods and I am somewhat tired right now, so i hope my way of expressing the problem wasn't too confusing. Feel free to ask further questions if anything is is unclear

Thank you

Kehlim

2 answers to this question