Convenient Horses compatibility with STEP

wojsku

couple of issues identified so far.

1. Required compatibility patch for CACO added items food, ingredients etc. The patch is available here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/21249

2. The mod is missing Raw Canine Meat in Form ID '6318174F CHItemMaterialCookingList'. This makes Raw Canine Meat not lootable while on the horse. Not sure if there are any other items missing at the moment. The issue has been raised with the mod author.

3. Potentially patches will be required for any other mods that add new items that could be harvested or looted while on the horse.

couple of issues identified so far.

1. Required compatibility patch for CACO added items food, ingredients etc. The patch is available here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/21249

2. The mod is missing Raw Canine Meat in Form ID '6318174F CHItemMaterialCookingList'. This makes Raw Canine Meat not lootable while on the horse. Not sure if there are any other items missing at the moment. The issue has been raised with the mod author.

3. Potentially patches will be required for any other mods that add new items that could be harvested or looted while on the horse.

I have this included for the next patch and some extended patching for CRF, Elemental Staffs, and a few other mods. CCOR likely needs to be included, but that's going to be a rather large edit that I don't have the motivation to do.

I have this included for the next patch and some extended patching for CRF, Elemental Staffs, and a few other mods. CCOR likely needs to be included, but that's going to be a rather large edit that I don't have the motivation to do.

It is one of my favourite mods because of how useful it is but the compatibility is a massive issue, any mod that adds new items to the game needs a patch. May be worth considering replacing it with something less problematic that gives a horse whistle and maybe follower's horse.

It is one of my favourite mods because of how useful it is but the compatibility is a massive issue, any mod that adds new items to the game needs a patch. May be worth considering replacing it with something less problematic that gives a horse whistle and maybe follower's horse.

I don't really know how he's done the work for the harvesting, but it seems like it should have focused around using keywords. If he'd done that, then nearly everything would be scooped up by the feature automatically. The only things that would need a patch are mods without proper keywords added by their authors. However, that's assuming the feature could be designed with keywords. In either case it'll be a lot of work for either users to make patches or for the author to redesign the feature to be more compatible.

• 1 month later...

I'm really sorry to be such a pain, but I'm bumping this because I'm also another user that prefers a more lightweight option to Convenient Horses, following the STEP guide and installing mods has now come to a screeeching halt because of the STEP patch saying I'm missing Convenient Horses master file, is there a way to remove this flag via xEdit?  I loaded up CH and the patch myself but haven't done this before, am a bit wary of messing it up :/

I'm really sorry to be such a pain, but I'm bumping this because I'm also another user that prefers a more lightweight option to Convenient Horses, following the STEP guide and installing mods has now come to a screeeching halt because of the STEP patch saying I'm missing Convenient Horses master file, is there a way to remove this flag via xEdit?  I loaded up CH and the patch myself but haven't done this before, am a bit wary of messing it up :/

I was recently in this same situation. Follow this helpful guide to find and delete all the records of CH in the STEP Patch. Then right-click the STEP Patch and select 'Clean Masters', then right-click again and select 'Sort Masters'.