Good afternoon! First of all, I want to thank you for your hard work on improving this amazing game (for me, this is SKYRIM LE). I have been using your app for several years, and it really makes Skyrim more beautiful. Bravo, brilliant work!
Now about my questions…
- I can't understand the math of ShiftX and ShiftY in billboards…
- X1=473, X2=-378. ShiftX=(X1+X2)/2=(473-378)/2=47.5
- Y1=-479, Y=309. ShitfY=(Y1+Y2)/2=(-479+309)/2=-85
Question 1: did I understand correctly?
2. For my billboards, I created normal maps using the program xNormal 3.19.3 (x64).
Question 2: Should I follow the rules for creating billboards voiced in the video from GamerPoets, for billboards with normal maps:
Rule for creating billboards.jpg 14.88KB 0 downloads
Or allowed as I did (Off Lighting):
My rule for creating billboards.jpg 11.5KB 0 downloads
3. Utility ..\DynDOLOD\Docs\trees.ultra\tools\re-uv\re-uv.bat optimizes meshes very well, but removes the alpha channel from the leaves.
Question 3: is it possible by editing the re-uv.txt avoid deleting the alpha channel from * _passthru_lod.nif files?
4. I can't figure out how to create rules for trees... When using re-uv.bat files in meshes are not changed *.dds and *_n.dds on *lod.dds and *lod_n.dds.
Question 4: Is there more detailed information (the one that you have in the set of DynDOLOD I studied) on creating rules for trees. Perhaps you have already discussed this in detail on the forum?
P.S.1. English is not my native language, so there may be spelling errors.
P.S.2. I've been doing modding for a long time, but I haven't reached the level of 3D modeling yet, so I apologize if my questions seem stupid to you…
Edited by Dimom, 22 March 2020 - 08:46 AM.