I posted a couple of weeks ago about a STEP SE guide addon. It has developed into a proper STEP build, which is why I decided to start a new topic. This is a guide based on STEP SE and you use it instead of STEP SE. It is in a finished state and I am currently game testing. I will add the guide to the STEP wiki soon, which is as easy as cut and paste some text. It is currently on Github only.
On the todo-list:
- Revisit the animations section of the guide and check out Project New Reign - Nemesis PCEA as well as other animation mods.
Introduction: Welcome to Dread's Skyrim Build
This guide is a STEP build based on the STEP: Core build. The STEP team has built a base with mods that enhances and fixes Skyrim without breaking the vanilla look and feel. This guides further enhances Skyrim, adds to it and alters elements of it in several ways.
The mods featured in this build are chosen to be immersive and realistic. Realistic in a fantasy setting means believable. The mods should feel like they expand or enhances vanilla Skyrim, like they could have been there from the beginning.
What to expect
- Support for the Survival mode from Bethesda Creation Club.
- HD textures for landscapes, structures and buildings that keeps the vanilla look and feel.
- HD textures for clutter, armors, weapons other items.
- Bigger trees for a truly immersive forest.
- Enhanced visuals with Cathedral Weather, Relighting Skyrim and Luminosity Lighting Overhaul.
- New unique armors are added to the game.
- New weapons types with custom animations.
- More adventures with new quests and new lands to visit.
- Overhauled cities, towns and villages.
- Expanded character creation with the CBBE female body with realistic presets.
- Overhauled character leveling and skill system:
- Overhauled skill trees with new perks.
- Overhauled magic with new spells.
- A new class system.
- New experience system that encourages exploration.
- Slower leveling to allow you to experience the dlc-sized added content before maxing out your character.
- New, tougher bandits and dragons.
- New NPC's and followers.
This build is made to be easy to install
- No LOOT rules, every conflict is resolved with the patches. Run LOOT and you are done.
- No bashed patch. All level list conflicts are resolved by the patches.
- No merging of plugins. Every patch is esl-flagged to make sure the plugin limit count is not reached.
- Advanced FOMOD installer for the patches. No need to choose which patches to use, the installer does the work for you.
Almost all mods are optional
All mods in this build are optional, except for:
- Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.
- Cloaks of Skyrim and Winter is Coming. Use them both or not at all.
Edited by dreadflopp, 18 September 2020 - 09:00 AM.