39 replies to this topic

#31 baronaatista

baronaatista

General

• Citizen
  • PipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 06:01 AM

I've been playing with Honed Metal for quite some time now and haven't had any issues that I'm aware of... Really love it.  I can still have custom enchanted gear if I don't want to play an enchanter, or quality armor without being a smith.

Make sure to grab 'Honed Metal Voiced' as well, adds little audio files for the various interactions that make the whole thing feel a lot more like part of the base game.

#32 dreadflopp

dreadflopp

Jarl

• Editor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 08:52 AM

I've been playing with Honed Metal for quite some time now and haven't had any issues that I'm aware of... Really love it.  I can still have custom enchanted gear if I don't want to play an enchanter, or quality armor without being a smith.

Make sure to grab 'Honed Metal Voiced' as well, adds little audio files for the various interactions that make the whole thing feel a lot more like part of the base game.

Sounds good! If don't have any issues with it I'll add it in a few days.

#33 FourOne

FourOne

Thane

• VIP-Supporter
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 10:40 AM

I played a little now with the setup, but im not sure i like the combat mods that much - its great cause its something different then usual, but the EnaiSiaion u used in your old pacts are different in many ways (Ordinator, Smilodon etc). I pushed my Skill Uncapper to 500% XP so i can test faster, maybe i like it more if i have more perks.

A "Combat,Magic & Perk" Setup with EnaiSiaion OR SimonMagus616 would be great, but it's just to much work to balance the whole modlist for both.

Btw ty for the work, had to rebuild my sykrim modlist and this guide is very much what i wanted.

#34 dreadflopp

dreadflopp

Jarl

• Editor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 01:42 AM

I played a little now with the setup, but im not sure i like the combat mods that much - its great cause its something different then usual, but the EnaiSiaion u used in your old pacts are different in many ways (Ordinator, Smilodon etc). I pushed my Skill Uncapper to 500% XP so i can test faster, maybe i like it more if i have more perks.

A "Combat,Magic & Perk" Setup with EnaiSiaion OR SimonMagus616 would be great, but it's just to much work to balance the whole modlist for both.

Btw ty for the work, had to rebuild my sykrim modlist and this guide is very much what i wanted.

Thanks. I personally enjoy SimonMagus616's set of skill/combat mods. I enjoy EnaiSiaion's set of mods too, but I wanted something closer to vanilla and I don't think you'll find any other mods in this category that are made with so much consideration for vanilla-feel, balance and compatibility. The combat mods by EnaiSiaion and SimonMagus, Wildcat and Blade and BLunt, are pretty similar with Blade and Blunt being a little more toned down with a simplerinjury system and (imo) better stamina management system.

#35 Lagfactor

Lagfactor

Watcher

• Citizen
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 11:28 AM

Hi and thanks for the guide just as I wanted to give another go at Skyrim. So, I think I followed your steps quite well and clearly as everything so far seems to work but one thing. I run on a 3440x1440 screen which is also the resolution in Bethini.. However, the game only shows up in a window that takes roughmy one third of the screen only. Tried to rerun it in fullscreen mode and got the same results. 

I feel like Im missing something quite obvious but cant figure what it is for my life. If you have any input, would be appreciated.

Thanks

Yep ok, too dumb to live, just the path for Bethini to cretate the ini file was wrong.... nevermind, nothing to see, feel free to mock me, I kinda deserve it....

Edited by Lagfactor, 11 May 2020 - 12:03 PM.

#36 FourOne

FourOne

Thane

• VIP-Supporter
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 03:29 PM

Right now i made some changes to get a more soulslike combat, especially dodge roll and instant block (animation-cancel). Tested The Ultimate Dodge Mod, TK Dodge SE, Ultimate Combat SE & Key Bindable Dual Wield Blocking and Parrying with Combat behavior improved. All Mods conflict with with Archery Gameplay Overhaul - TK Dodge gets stuck in 1st Person on everthing than rolling forward, even after running Nemesis. So far Ultimated Dodge (its from the Nemesis author) & Dual Wield Block/Parry with Combat behavior improved are working - at least after running Nemesis with Combat behavior improved & Ultimate Dodge Mod.
Is this something u want for the guide in the future?

And one more thing, in Oldrim I had Dual Sheath Redux - for SE i found All Geared Up Derivative SE - AllGUD & Ecotone Dual Sheath, never used them, any recommendations?

#37 Badger_375

Badger_375

Watcher

• Citizen
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 11:44 AM

Dread, been running around in game just checking things out, fast traveling, making sure everything works OK, and so far so good. Checked your changelog and noticed several changes and additions that have been made for the better, and some of my suggestions made it into your guide, and thanks for that.

One of the things that puzzled me at first was the change to fortify smithing potions. I read the description of the mod Crafting Skills Revamped : https://www.nexusmod...tion/mods/25418 and that mod is the one that changes it. Upon reading into the mod further, I like everything about it except THAT one change, but the other changes outweigh my dislike of it. One thing I did notice was in the compatibility section. The mod author states that it is incompatible with Enchantment Reload Fix, which is part of your guide under the fixes section. Don't know if you were aware of that or if one of your patches addresses the issue. Didn't dig into it any further than that, but just thought I would bring it to your attention if you overlooked that. 

Overall a great guide, thanks for the work that you put into it. I have been poking around in xedit looking at what would need to be patched for some NPC appearance overhauls, and trying to keep the work involved to a minimum. I keep going back to Diversity due to the vanilla hair option available. Adding a couple of individual NPC overhauls on top of it, I really like these three : 

Pandorable's Valerica : https://www.nexusmod...tion/mods/35799

Pandorable's Serana : https://www.nexusmod...tion/mods/24931

Poisoned Aela Sylvan Makeover (Mod Page NSFW) : https://www.nexusmod...tion/mods/35262

The Aela makeover is based off of UUNP, not a CBBE option available infortunately. I've been digging around and think I have found a way to get the old UUNP from Skyrim LE, which I used for a long time, to work in CBBE bodyslide.

There are UUNP vanilla clothing and armor bodyslides already ported by Shiva182 : https://www.nexusmod...tion/mods/10980

I'm not asking for a change to another body type for the guide, this is just letting you know what I am looking at implementing into my version of your guide. If I get all of it working with relevant patches, I will let you know, as some people prefer a UNP body for females over CBBE. 

Again, thanks for all the work you have done on the guide and continuing to support it.

#38 Kneph13

Kneph13

General

• Citizen
  • PipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 01:08 PM

When installing dread's modlist patches, at the end, I get a not found in archive error for df_landscapeandwaterfixes - cuttingroomfloor.  As this was not a mod installed, I proceeded on for the time being but wanted to mention it.

Edited by Kneph13, 20 May 2020 - 01:23 PM.

#39 dreadflopp

dreadflopp

Jarl

• Editor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 05:59 AM

One of the things that puzzled me at first was the change to fortify smithing potions. I read the description of the mod Crafting Skills Revamped : https://www.nexusmod...tion/mods/25418 and that mod is the one that changes it. Upon reading into the mod further, I like everything about it except THAT one change, but the other changes outweigh my dislike of it. One thing I did notice was in the compatibility section. The mod author states that it is incompatible with Enchantment Reload Fix, which is part of your guide under the fixes section. Don't know if you were aware of that or if one of your patches addresses the issue. Didn't dig into it any further than that, but just thought I would bring it to your attention if you overlooked that. 

I wasn't aware of that incompatibility. Since the compatibility issue is in a script, one of the mods has to go. I'll be removing Enchantment Reload Fix from the guide. If you want to discuss Crafting Skills Revamped, Parapets who is the author is a member of Simon Magus discord: https://discord.gg/kmKrEGU. Maybe he can explain or argue for why he did those changes, I don't have a strong opinion on whether they should be fortified or not.

Overall a great guide, thanks for the work that you put into it. I have been poking around in xedit looking at what would need to be patched for some NPC appearance overhauls, and trying to keep the work involved to a minimum. I keep going back to Diversity due to the vanilla hair option available. Adding a couple of individual NPC overhauls on top of it, I really like these three : 

Pandorable's Valerica : https://www.nexusmod...tion/mods/35799

Pandorable's Serana : https://www.nexusmod...tion/mods/24931

Poisoned Aela Sylvan Makeover (Mod Page NSFW) : https://www.nexusmod...tion/mods/35262

The Aela makeover is based off of UUNP, not a CBBE option available infortunately. I've been digging around and think I have found a way to get the old UUNP from Skyrim LE, which I used for a long time, to work in CBBE bodyslide.

There are UUNP vanilla clothing and armor bodyslides already ported by Shiva182 : https://www.nexusmod...tion/mods/10980

I'm not asking for a change to another body type for the guide, this is just letting you know what I am looking at implementing into my version of your guide. If I get all of it working with relevant patches, I will let you know, as some people prefer a UNP body for females over CBBE. 

Again, thanks for all the work you have done on the guide and continuing to support it.

Diveristy looks good and I may very well look into adding that into the guide. I will take the other into consideration. I'm not really insterested in switching to UNP. I have used it and I like CBBE better. I use realistic presets for CBBE which imo looks much better that UNP.

The guide overall is really stable now. I have patched most things that needs patching. I am currently doing some consistency patching for the armors and weapons to make them feel like they really belong to the game and have consistent crafting recipes. I have two mods that have been suggested for inclusion over at Github, I will take a look at those two after I have done a mod update and rechecked installation instructions and patches.

#40 dreadflopp

dreadflopp

Jarl

• Editor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 04:12 AM

When installing dread's modlist patches, at the end, I get a not found in archive error for df_landscapeandwaterfixes - cuttingroomfloor.  As this was not a mod installed, I proceeded on for the time being but wanted to mention it.

Thanks, fixed in a update that will be pushed today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users