Help for a return to Skyrim and STEP

Paes

Question

Hi all,

I'm returning to Skyrim and STEP after a 5 year hiatus. My previous build was on LE and followed STEP (which was equally complicated and rewarding).

My intention is to start with a net new build, and have a few questions.

1) Is Skyrim SE the "go to" version for net new builds, or are there pros/cons?

2) Does the STEP Core build apply equally to all versions, or is there a specific guide for SE?

I am considering firing up my existing STEP'd version of LE, but there will be a few drawbacks, so would like to think about all options before resuming gameplay.

Thanks in advance for the help.

3 answers to this question

Hi Paes.

I do think SE is the way to go these days. More stable than LE for starters.

I think the mod authors is more active with updates and new inovative mods for SE also.

Some say ENB is  still better with LE but as far as i see it almost all ENB functions for LE are now in for SE. Boris seem ta be very active develop ENB Series for SE.

Also the problem with SKSE that where for SE is now longer so.

Here is the link to the latest beta of the STEP Gudside for SE. https://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:0.2.0b

I follow it, and it is great. The officcial release of version 3.0 soon to be released.

As i understand it, we will se more active work with the SE guide in the future, while the 3.0 LE guide will be finite (with only updastes when included mods update).

Also i think it will be more easy to make personal extensions to the SE version of STEP... there are already people out there working on it.

Happy gaming!

I'm returning to Skyrim and STEP after a 5 year hiatus. My previous build was on LE and followed STEP (which was equally complicated and rewarding).

My intention is to start with a net new build, and have a few questions.

1) Is Skyrim SE the "go to" version for net new builds, or are there pros/cons?

I found myself in nearly this exact situation just over a month ago. I went with the latest SE version (0.2.0b) and I couldn't be happier. The stability of SE combined with all the improvements added by the STEP guide has made my current playthrough of Skyrim the absolute best I've ever experienced.

I found myself in nearly this exact situation just over a month ago. I went with the latest SE version (0.2.0b) and I couldn't be happier. The stability of SE combined with all the improvements added by the STEP guide has made my current playthrough of Skyrim the absolute best I've ever experienced.

Ok, well I guess it's SE 0.2.0b for me :). Thanks to all for the responses!