Photo

ENBoost setting for fixing water?

Best Answer Katarsi , 20 April 2020 - 06:32 AM

I just want to report that I have solved this issue  :dancingbanana:

It was the .ini files! I made BethINI regenerate my Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini from scratch and voila - the problem is now gone. I don't know what value exactly was messed up, but fortunately, it's finally gone.

Well, at least I had updated my drivers according to your advice, DoubleYou  ^_^ Lots of them were outdated, and I didn't even know.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Uber Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,737 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 06:33 PM

Does ENB show up when you run the game from there (directly launching the skse64_loader.exe)?

#17 Katarsi

Katarsi

Citizen

• Citizen
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 01:04 AM

Does ENB show up when you run the game from there (directly launching the skse64_loader.exe)?

Yes, it's still like the second picture. Mind you, when I hit Shift+Enter, nothing happens. I just don't know why there is a difference between the initializing image and the one that shows up when the main menu loads. Everything indicates that ENB really isn't there anymore, but the image is still the same as when I activated it.

I'm confused. Perhaps I'll just install something to reduce bloom (because .ini settings on their own aren't doing anything).

Update on my situation:

I validated Skyrim files through Steam. Still the same. Apparently the game isn't corrupted, this is how the visuals are now. 

Edited by Katarsi, 16 April 2020 - 01:12 AM.

#18 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Uber Moderator
  • 4,737 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 04:50 AM

If there is no text appearing at the top left, it isn't ENB. If you have an image adjustment that takes a second to realize itself, perhaps you are using an injected visual graphics mod?

#19 Katarsi

Katarsi

Citizen

• Citizen
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 02:20 AM

If there is no text appearing at the top left, it isn't ENB. If you have an image adjustment that takes a second to realize itself, perhaps you are using an injected visual graphics mod?

I'm not sure what you mean. A lighting mod? 

This is what I use:

-Cathedral Weathers

-Relighting Skyrim

-Quick Light

-ELE

-Imaginator

I used them all before and they produced the image I wish to go back to. Relighting Skyrim, Quick Light, ELE and Imaginator have been in my mod list since forever, only weathers had changed over time.

I also have SSE Engine Fixes, if that is of any relevance.

I might add that at one point (recently) I had Luminosity, but it made interiors too bright comparing to ELE; the latter is much more realistic and plays really well with Relighting Skyrim.

When I installed Luminosity, however, I also installed the misc Light Editor - these files: JW_Light_Editor.pas and mteFunctions.pas, which are placed in Edit Scripts folder of SSEEdit. I forgot about them when I removed Luminosity, but eventually I remembered and removed them. Could it be that those files have done some damage? Removing them didn't change anything.

Otherwise, I can't think of anything else. The only thing that "injected" changes in my image was ENBoost which is now gone. Do you perhaps have a suggestion on what files I might be looking for? I'm already scouring my Skyrim directory to find the culprit as it is.

Thank you for still bearing with me, DoubleYou, I really appreciate it.  ::):

#20 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Uber Moderator
  • 4,737 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 10:41 AM

I don't know everything, but in my experience when at startup there is a noticeable change in graphics as the game loads, it happens from an outside injector, such as Reshade, Radeon Pro, Sweetfx, ENB, and the like. I am curious, however, if it may just be a graphics driver issue. It doesn't sound like you are seeing ENB loading, as you would be seeing the ENB startup text if you did. Also, the files for ENB are not present. I would recommend that you uninstall and reinstall your graphics driver first to see if that is not the issue.

#21 Katarsi

Katarsi

Citizen

• Citizen
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 06:32 AM   Best Answer

I just want to report that I have solved this issue  :dancingbanana:

It was the .ini files! I made BethINI regenerate my Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini from scratch and voila - the problem is now gone. I don't know what value exactly was messed up, but fortunately, it's finally gone.

Well, at least I had updated my drivers according to your advice, DoubleYou  ^_^ Lots of them were outdated, and I didn't even know.

#22 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Uber Moderator
  • 4,737 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 10:37 AM

Interesting. I guess I should have just promoted my own tool. Lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)