Font scaling, high DPI settings, small text, missing buttons, overlapping controls

Vints

Question

Hello, im having a problem I cant seem to overcome. The window scaling is to small. I cant expand or scroll. Went on reddit, Windows/skyrim mods for help. Sadly no one cracked it. Talked to windows support, they said contact author. Img link is below. I will say this, I use an LG C9 tv for a monitor, in case that helps.

https://imgur.com/a/RiFCznZ

Maybe relevant. Launching it without MO2. 

https://imgur.com/a/L4UxU0Q

13 answers to this question

In Windows display settings temporarily change the size of text apps and other items to 100%.

Or find the program in Windows Explorer, right-click to open its properties, switch to compatibility tab and check Override high DPI scaling. A reboot might be required.

Use DynDOLOD 3 Alpha.

Without the -sse command line argument the tools run in TES5 Skyrim mode.
The tools need to be started from the mod manager otherwise it will not find any of the installed mods.

I had the same problem a while back.

This also works for other software that does not scale to 4K Monitors or TVs, I use a Samsung 4k TV, I use this trick for xEdit aswell for installing scripts and patches, ( Vortex and MO2 ) they also get "squished"  this solves that issue for the most part, also click the "Application" section below once you checkmark the Override DPI setting, and choose "System (Enhanced)".

Edited by ex0_tekk

I've got a problem:

https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=20/16/kjft.png

I can't select or validate... 

Can you help me please?

The advantage of having a support forum with a search function is that users can often easily and quickly help themselves. Also I can move their posts to the appropriate thread, so just look above at second post for solutions.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this, but I was wondering if there was any workaround for the "scrunched" user interface when using the .exe on a 4k monitor.

iwLmUH5.png

I can't seem to get it to work for me, and this presents problems like cut-off text, hard to see text, and drop-down menus where every option is covered by the scroll-bar. 

I know it's more of a Windows issue, but I wanted to ask here just in case anyone knew of an obvious solution to my problem. Windows 10 display settings don't seem to work, neither does running the program in compatibility mode or changing the DPI settings...

4 minutes ago, SuzanoSho said:

Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this, but I was wondering if there was any workaround for the "scrunched" user interface when using the .exe on a 4k monitor.

iwLmUH5.png

I can't seem to get it to work for me, and this presents problems like cut-off text, hard to see text, and drop-down menus where every option is covered by the scroll-bar. 

I know it's more of a Windows issue, but I wanted to ask here just in case anyone knew of an obvious solution to my problem. Windows 10 display settings don't seem to work, neither does running the program in compatibility mode or changing the DPI settings...

Disabling all scaling in the OS should work. Or alternatively use the DynDOLOD 3.0 Alpha.

Just like the title states I’m asking for a little help with the DynDOLOD selection window. Let me pre-face this with I’ve been using it since Skyrim legendary edition and have just recently updated to the latest version of dydolod and the problem I’m having is the selection window is so small I cannot see all the options and can barely read anything on it. I have seem to have busted searching the Internet for a solution on how to make the selection window bigger and was wondering if anyone on these forums had any sort of help they could offer.

2 hours ago, DaisyTheMage said:

I'm having a similar problem to the one that jinfuushen shared in their screenshot but, the fixes listed in the post didn't work for me and the tool is unusable for me.

You did not mention which tool and version.

Disable screen scaling in the OS settings.